Vast majority of Americans support paying for BBB ACT by taxing the wealthy

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
and corporations.

So we have all 50 R senators and their entire House contingent out of touch with even half their party and the vast majority of the country, and 48 Dem Senators and all their House members which are in touch with the will of the people, and just 2 corrupt Dem Senators against.

Americans are ready to tax the rich
It’s not always clear what the public wants. But a new poll shows strong support for taxing the rich to pay for Democrats’ Build Back Better Act.

A Vox and Data for Progress poll, conducted October 8-12, found that 71 percent of voters support raising taxes on the wealthiest 2 percent of Americans to pay for the bill.

Eighty-six percent of Democrats and 50 percent of Republicans backed the idea. Other tax provisions focused on the wealthy that could be included in the bill — such as tax increases on corporations and capital gains — found 65 percent or more support overall.

Sixty-three percent of voters in the poll said they supported the $3.5 trillion overall plan that includes spending on health care, long-term care, child care, and clean-energy jobs....

... Rest of the article has additional good polling numbers on different aspects of the bill

Last edited:

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
lol. Of course you guys want to tax the rich. You guys don't pay taxes. Or very minimal. I also support any bill that tax you but not me.
you don't know how much I pay in taxes

the rich and corporations have been getting preferential treatment on taxes since at least reagan with his trickle down economics which never trickled down

Last edited:

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
lol. Of course you guys want to tax the rich. You guys don't pay taxes. Or very minimal. I also support any bill that tax you but not me.

Your arrogance is astounding. Everybody but you on here can't possibly be high income.

You also think everything is blue collar joe's fault for wanting a livable wage and benefits too.

Also none of the proposed tax rates would cripple the richest 2% or even really inconvenience them in the slightest, they'll still be extremely wealthy, ditto with corporations. But cry a little more.

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
Wealth inequality continues to increase. The poor continue to get poorer, the rich get richer. It can't last. Or rather, it ends with rich people in guarded compounds guarded by security forces that the rich can afford, who can fend off the poverty-stricken hordes. If that sounds like a bad sci-fi movie, just check India today.

The greatest trick the rich ever pulled off was getting poor rubes to go to bat for the poor downtrodden billionaires. Just distract them with tales of illegal immigrants and trannies taking away their freedoms, like shooting fish in a barrel.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
When was it when that simple general guideline of "the more money you make the more money you should pay in taxes" became out of vogue? Was it the day when some very rich guy bought one of his lackeys a ticket to Congress and made that stooge write legislation into law where that old rule got turned on its head of which set a trend that has sunk roots so deep its stump can't ever be uprooted?

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
also, a lot of people a lot richer than @ponyo support this bill and the politicians that are trying to pass it, of which many are wealthier than he is as well. Pelosi is worth over 100 million, and she is a big proponent of this bill. But he is so arrogant he thinks it's only the peons that want this bill to get through.

Last edited:

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Unfortunately those Republicans who feel that way won’t vote for someone other than a Republican because the democrats are going to turn us all gay, trans, and eat babies while killing all the Christians after taking away all the guns.
Pretty much this. Republicans don't have to fulfill the will of their voters, because their voters will never vote for a democrat. Being a republican is literally their identity.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
also, a lot of people a lot richer than @ponyo support this bill and the politicians that are trying to pass it, of which many are wealthier than he is as well. Pelosi is worth over 100 million, and she is a big proponent of this bill. But he is so arrogant he thinks it's only the peons that want this bill to get through.
And even if it was just the peons. This is a democracy, and 99% of population are peons compared to the top 1% and especially the top 0.1%. So if the peons want to tax the rich, well, that is how it is supposed to work.

I also don't think people like @ponyo that got rich gambling in the market should pay significantly lower tax rates than those who actually earn wages.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Vox and Data for Progess, how can anyone doubt their numbers?

lol
These numbers have been proven by numerous polls you disgusting perpetually dishonest creature

Last edited:
Reactions: DarthKyrie

SmCaudata

Oct 8, 2006
I'm a physician. I pay a shit ton in taxes. I'm all for taxing the REALLY rich assholes and corporations that pay almost nothing. I'd be happy if Bezos paid 22% of his earnings on the year in federal taxes.

So yeah, I want to tax others because I've been in the highest taxed group for a while now and I'm certainly not the highest wage earner.

Jul 9, 2009
These numbers have been proven by numerous polls you disgusting perpetually dishonest creature

Bullshit.

What is Data for Progress?
A new generation of progressives is rising — a generation unafraid to fight for what we believe in.
We are a multidisciplinary group of experts using state-of-the-art techniques in data science to support progressive activists and causes.

Yeah, as if they're going to have an honest poll.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi
Jul 9, 2009

Even i believe the very rich should pay more, i just don't think they should pay it to a bunch of progressive communists.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Even i believe the very rich should pay more, i just don't think they should pay it to a bunch of progressive communists.
You wouldn't know a communist if Karl Marx rose out of his grave and wacked you on your decrepit brain.

I see tons of filth like you online say Biden or the Dems are communist. It's not tenable to create a functioning society with people so far gone from reality. You people are beyond help and are allergic to education and facts. All of you are a net negative on society and the entire human species.

Last edited:

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
I'm a physician. I pay a shit ton in taxes. I'm all for taxing the REALLY rich assholes and corporations that pay almost nothing. I'd be happy if Bezos paid 22% of his earnings on the year in federal taxes.

So yeah, I want to tax others because I've been in the highest taxed group for a while now and I'm certainly not the highest wage earner.
This. Two physician household. I have a side hustle as well, but still the majority of our income is wages. I still support this bill (as does my wife). Pricks like ponyo are simply greedy.

We need to address wealth on some tax basis.

Last edited: