Valve under mounting pressure over the status of HL3

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Two unemployed yuppies sitting on their lawn with cardboard signs does not count as 'mounting pressure'.

Maleficus

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001
I find it hard to believe anyone actually cares, HL1 was ground breaking and a lot of fun, HL2 was mediocre AT BEST.

Still just seems like an internet fad, bug valve about HL3/ep3 while no one really cares.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Gabe is a cool guy going outside and talking to them.

What is with the HL2 here? It was a great game.

TakeNoPrisoners

Platinum Member
Jun 3, 2011

They are just trolls.

Troll stratagy outlined:

1. Go into thread where the majority of opinions are positive.
2. Post negative opinion
3. ????
4. Profit.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
To be honest, I loved HL1, played HL2, and I never did finish it....but I did play EP1 and 2, and I thought EP 2 was pretty damn good, and the cliffhanger they left it on really does make one want HL3. Just sayin.

fatpat268

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2006

I understand why some people don't like HL2, because I used to be that person.

I eventually forced myself through HL2 and its episodes, and it's now on my top ten of favorite games. The game isn't without flaws, of course. But for a game from 2004, it holds up pretty well.

Krakn3Dfx

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2000
*heavy, labored breathing as he approaches*

"Get...*wheeze*...off my lawn!"

*heavy, labored breathing as he heads back inside*

"Not...*wheeze*...the pizza guy."

*Falls into receptionist chair. Receptionist screams and the sound of splintering bones can be heard*

"We...*wheeze*...need a new receptionist."

Doug Lombardi: "What, that's the 3rd one this financial quarter."

The End

postmortemIA

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2006
problem is SP games are not even little fun in 2011. all fun is in MP, and that's not HL3 territory. I can see why they are not in hurry.

Ultralight

Jul 11, 2004
*heavy, labored breathing as he approaches*

"get...*wheeze*...off my lawn!"

*heavy, labored breathing as he heads back inside*

"not...*wheeze*...the pizza guy."

*falls into receptionist chair. Receptionist screams and the sound of splintering bones can be heard*

"we...*wheeze*...need a new receptionist."

doug lombardi: "what, that's the 3rd one this financial quarter."

the end

roflol!

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
problem is SP games are not even little fun in 2011. all fun is in MP, and that's not HL3 territory. I can see why they are not in hurry.

Not sure if you're being serious, but in case you are, I think you're just playing the wrong games. There are good single-player games being made, there always has been, always will be.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001

Speak for yourself. I play SP much much more than MP and I have plenty of fun otherwise I wouldn't be doing it to start with.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008

This is a good reason.

Granted half life 2 was fun but the money tends to be in multiplayer now and using the funds for a single player game when it's not worth it compared to others can be a issue.

I vote they make half life 3 a mmo... ;)