Valentine's Day is tomorrow... what's your opinion of the holiday?

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
eh'. its--- another day.

if it wasnt for my g/f, i probably wouldnt know that tomorrow was v-day... if i didnt have a girlfreind, i wouldnt have even thought twice about it either.

DanJ

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
It's a holiday invented by Hallmark...then the bastards went and invented sweetest day.

But alas, what's more money?

Atlantean

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001
I hate valentines day. I never have a girlfriend on valentines day so when everyone else is being all happy and in love or whatever, I sit at home, or where ever I am and think about killing myself.

littlezipp

Golden Member
Nov 7, 2001
It used to be single awareness day... But not anymore for me. Going on nine months for me now.

L

Lola

Ok, first off....v-day to me is a sucky holiday if one didn't have a significant other. But, personally, this is a special day to reflect and remind me that i am loved and i have a love. Now, i do like cards(the hallmark thing is kinda true) but it is not about THE CARD. what matters is that it is a day the celebrate those you love, no matter who they may be...friend, lover, mom, grandma, what ever. To me, tomorrow is a special day for my love and I to take time out of our lives and appericate one another. Finally, it doesn't matter about the gifts and flowers. I am so sick of the stupid jewelery store and FTD commericals. So, I am sorry if you don't have someone special to share it with( believe me, i had lots of those too) but i hope all searching for their love, or just to get some jollies luck and success.

Happy Valentines Day

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Heh, it's a reminder of my freedom and independence... sorta like my own personal Canada Day (4th of July for you Americans)...

BlackOmen

Aug 23, 2001
<< it is so a HALLMARK holiday. no question about it. it's all about making money for those companies. >>

If you're creative enough, you don't have to spend much money at all. This year I'm putting together a collection of poetry. I also happen to have a friend who works at a flower store, so I get roses at cost ;)

StormRider

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2000
For me Valentine's Day means cheap after-Valentine's Day candy. That's how fat guys like me see this holiday.

db

Lifer
Dec 6, 1999

<< hate valentines day. I never have a girlfriend on valentines day so when everyone else is being all happy and in love or whatever, I sit at home, or where ever I am and think about killing myself. >>

A guy at work breaks up before Thanksgiving and gets back after V-day, just so he won't have to shell out for presents.

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001

<< Say your peace >>

Well this particular valentines day is gonna be kinda rough for me.
It's exactly the one year anniversary of me and my gf breaking up. It was my fault, I ended it cause we were living together and were butting heads all the time. I felt that it was ending and that if I went through V-day with her it would be lying to her. The problem is we were still living together until 6 months after that (long story, neither of us had a choice) and every day after that I felt closer to her. I wonder all the time if I made the wrong choice, and I'm pretty sure I'm still in love with her :(

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001

<< eh'. its--- another day.

if it wasnt for my g/f, i probably wouldnt know that tomorrow was v-day... if i didnt have a girlfreind, i wouldnt have even thought twice about it either.
>>

My sentiments exactly.

Valentine's Day is like Mother's Day, except that you don't have to have kids in order to "merit appreciation." It's strictly a woman's holiday.

How about a nice "guy" holiday? We'll call it Bartholomew Bubbly. Something nice and innocuous. It will be a "holiday" with the sole intent of women spending money on their husband/boyfriend/potential boyfriend.

Men will sit on their asses and await the woman to come home with: Good beer, pizza, $50 gift certificate to Home Depot, and a "Love Coupon" good for one backrub and the sexual favor of his choice.

WOW! Sounds very similar to what we go thru to please our woman for Valentine's Day, doesn't it?

As if we didn't have to beg, grovel, apologize and buy flowers, candy and other trinkets of atonement throughout the other 364 days of the year already. Bah, humbug.

Oh, I already spent my $80 or whatever it was for my GFs present and card....I do want to get laid again this year, you know.

phlashphire

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2000
Don't ya hated when the girls say they don't want nothing for V-day... and then they get pissed afterwards because you should've been using your telepathic abilities to decipher what she really meant by that. I especially hated it when a simple gift like chocolate, or card won't really cut it, and they expect you to find something meaningful/sentimental for the ocassion.... like we'd know... >:|

SyahM

Golden Member
Nov 6, 2001
every year i got a gift from my gf .. this year it'll be none since she's thousands of miles away on a different continent .. it sucks, i miss her so much.