• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Question Vaio Sony Laptop Recovery Partition

Tankgamer05

Dec 18, 2020
Hello I am new to this forum and I have a problem with my laptop. So my Laptop model is SVE15134CXS, and I may be getting a new laptop for Christmas and I am wanting to fix my hard drive in case I sell it. Only problem is, I don't have the recovery partition. I am able to recover it using a third party partition recovery software, but I cannot boot from it to be able to restore it to factory condition. I can view the files on it, and open some of them, but those are usually html files that appear on the screen after clicking different things. Originally I thought I can get it from my brothers laptop (same laptop) and just clone the partition onto a flash drive, it did not work. I even tried to factory reset my laptop to see if it would reinstall factory installed applications. But it didn't. So I am wondering, is there a way to fix the HDD? Thanks! And I also do not have recovery disks, none came with the laptop, but I think I have one because I remember seeing one that said vaio on it in my house, but right now I am in process of moving to a new state and don't have a house yet and still am living in a hotel.

ASK THE COMMUNITY