Vacuum Cleaners

Raizinman

Platinum Member
Sep 7, 2007
meettomy.site
I have a central vacuum system in my house, but would like a regular stand up style vacuum cleaner for quick jobs. I feel Dyson is 50% paying just for the name Dyson. What is the best way to get a strong vacuum cleaner? Do you go by Amps? Reviews? I have a dog that sheds so it should be pet friendly. I would like to stay under $100. I was looking at the Walmart Bissell Power Force model 17003. Any thoughts?

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
I know this is a necro post, but ...

For a cheap vac get one that uses bags. It'll be much easier to deal with considering the pet hair.

Do they still sell vacuum cleaners that take bags? I didn't see any at Walmart. I can't actually recall the last time I saw one.

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
I just bought one a few months ago.
Hoover Commercial CH54113 HushTone Hard-Bagged Upright with Intellibelt, 13" https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00YPJ83XS/

I while this one isn't cheap it's solid compared to a Dyson or Shark. Those feel like toys with the thin plastics and such. You can get cheaper ones too of course. I have this at work.

Funny they call it lightweight as it's pretty heavy too. Big motor and heavy duty cord.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
I just bought one a few months ago.
Hoover Commercial CH54113 HushTone Hard-Bagged Upright with Intellibelt, 13" https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00YPJ83XS/

I while this one isn't cheap it's solid compared to a Dyson or Shark. Those feel like toys with the thin plastics and such. You can get cheaper ones too of course. I have this at work.

Funny they call it lightweight as it's pretty heavy too. Big motor and heavy duty cord.
I burned out a high-amperage outlet at work with one of those "Commercial" Hoovers. It wasn't the only thing plugged in, but now I know better and will plug it in as far away from other equipment as I can.

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
Ha. We have LOTS of circuit where I work.

Hence my preference to buy a commercial bagged vacuum. Those amperage ratings are real.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Necropost....but my take on vaccuums is that they do dirty work. They also have moving parts and a motor....so they're subject to wear/tear/breakage. You can buy a Dyson, but longevity is going to be similar to other models. We have Dyson canister vac, but also have a Shark upright. I like the concept of buying cheap and replacing it every 4-5 years without guilt.