Vacation Ideas?

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Our trip back East took an unexpected turn, and we are heading down to Savannah and then to Charleston for the weekend. Any good ideas heading down that way, along the Savannah river? We are not going to Atlanta, that much I am sure of:)
On a side note, had my first Sonic Burger:thumbsup:

Hyperlite

Diamond Member
May 25, 2004
if you are going south, go through Brevard and patronize my restaurant, The Falls Landing. :)

south out of asheville may not be the direction you want to go if you are heading to savannah though, i don't know for sure.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Yeah, that is West-southish, and I was thinking more East-southish in the Greenville direction. Are you working tomorrow, and do they serve breakfast?

chusteczka

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2006
I am not familiar with the area you will be in but it seems that each state park has its own unique attractions.

pradeep1

Golden Member
Jun 4, 2005
i live in augusta, skip it and head on down to savannah, you'll have more fun there.

gingerstewart55

Sep 12, 2007
Originally posted by: pradeep1
i live in augusta, skip it and head on down to savannah, you'll have more fun there.

Grew up in Augusta, lived in Savannah for years (I'm old) and there's a lot more to do in Augusta than Savannah, unless cruising the town squares in a horse carriage tour is your speed. The only other thing Savannah has over Augusta is its location near the beach, but since you're also going to Charleston, I'd honestly bypass Savannah and head straight to Charleston. Much more there than Savannah......even on Charleston's worst day and Savannah's best.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Originally posted by: gingerstewart55
Originally posted by: pradeep1

Grew up in Augusta, lived in Savannah for years (I'm old) and there's a lot more to do in Augusta than Savannah, unless cruising the town squares in a horse carriage tour is your speed. The only other thing Savannah has over Augusta is its location near the beach, but since you're also going to Charleston, I'd honestly bypass Savannah and head straight to Charleston. Much more there than Savannah......even on Charleston's worst day and Savannah's best.

Thanks Ginger, I'll take that advice. We got as far as Statesboro tonight, we'll budget the majority of our time for Charleston.