• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

vacation fun

DaveJ

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
We never have enough room to store all of our incoming hardware, so whenever someone goes on vacation it's a safe bet that their office will become the new "temporary storage" area...

When we got rid of our IBM mainframe we rolled it into my boss's office, just to see what he would do... he could barely even get in the door! :)

Dave

Batti

Golden Member
Feb 2, 2000
I once worked in a place that did LOTS of printing. Coworkers packed my entire car with paper once when I left it unlocked!!! Hehe...

markjrubin

Golden Member
Jan 17, 2000
I am the useless link king. I just got back from a trip out west and they all messed w/ my office.

perry

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2000
I work part time, only 2 days a week. I'm always in for a surprise when I come in to my desk. Either a stack of computers to work on (4 yesterday), a new server just sitting there (not even burning in, just there). Network cables disappear, PS/2 to AT adapter disappears off the back of my computer (I have a switch box and need the adapter to use my keyboard). I've had 4 desk chairs taken from me in the past month. Come in Monday, got donuts from the previous Wednesday, or a cupcake, or whatever.

All the crap gets pretty annoying. Takes me 20 minutes when I get there each day to track down missing stuff and clean up the mess. I always leave the cube nice and neat (get in trouble if I don't), and my boss says something to me everytime I go in, telling me I need to keep my area cleaner. I don't even bother explaining.

ASK THE COMMUNITY