UX32VD doesn't access to bios

Discussion in 'SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs' started by giusemanuel, Jan 19, 2013.

1. giusemanuel

giusemanuel Junior Member

Hi guys, I have a ux32vd-r4002p.
    I deleted all partitions on the hard-disk mechanical and I installed windows 8 on this. I have not formatted the internal ssd that consist of two partition, one of 4gb and one of 18gb as the original.
    Now, when I press the del button, i can not access to the bios, and if I put a pendrive and press esc the boot windows that allows you to choose to boot from pendrive doesn't appear.
    How do I fix this?

Thanks

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - UX32VD access bios Forum Date
    What is it with laptops that don't have access covers on the bottom. SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs Jan 17, 2015
    Any ultrabooks like the Asus UX32VD with upgradable HDD and RAM? SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs Aug 11, 2014
    UX32VD Missing BIOS Options SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs Mar 7, 2013
    Ultrabook Light Gaming: ASUS UX32VD or Lenovo Yoga 13 SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs Feb 26, 2013
    Buying a Asus UX32VD this week SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs Feb 18, 2013

3. giusemanuel

4. fuzzybabybunny

fuzzybabybunny Moderator<br>Digital & Video Cameras

Press F2 or F4, not delete.

5. giusemanuel

I press f2 or f4, but the result is the same. The notebook doesn't go in bios.
    The initial screen is strange, appear the asus logo with an icon of loading and then appear windows.
    I'll record a video.

6. giusemanuel

7. lakedude

lakedude Golden Member

f10 or f12??

8. Schadenfreude

During the bios boot screen there should be a blip that tells you how to access the bios settings - at which point you should be able to set up the boot settings.

My Dell's boot bios was F11 I believe - but it may depend on the manufacturer. Good luck!

9. giusemanuel

f10 or f12 don't function neither f11.

originally i enter in the bios presssing "canc"; after the format and the install of windows 8,i do not able to enter in the bios.

the bios boot screen is what you see in the video; appears not written anything.

10. serpretetsky

serpretetsky Senior member

First of all, on a lot of the win8 machines I have found you have to hold the uefi firmware key (esc, f2, f10, whatever) BEFORE you power the computer and keep holding it.

Most of the new windows 8 machines come with a uefi option called "fast boot" enabled by default. It makes the entire start up time wicked fast (it can also be a pain in the ass for techs).

On some machines, fast boot disables any way of getting into the uefi firmware with any hotkeys during start up.

What are you ultimately trying to do? boot to some linux os on your pendrive? Repartition a drive?
    Here are the steps to get into the UEFI if you can't find ANY button to boot in.

To get into your uefi firmware, let your computer boot into windows 8, get to the charm sidebar on the right, goto settings, goto change pc settings, goto general, and select advanced boot options (this will restart your machine).

When you get to the blue screen during boot, select something like "troubleshoot" or "advanced" (can't quite remember). Then select the option to boot into your uefi firmware settings.

That's it, you are now in your uefi firmware (what used to be the bios). From here you can do whatever you need to do, you should also be able to find the "fast boot" option and disable it if you like.

If you're trying to boot to some other OS you might need to disable "secure boot" as well.

11. VirtualLarry

VirtualLarry Lifer

Wow, that's pretty bizarro, that you have to boot Windows 8 first, in order to get into your BIOS. What happens if you've already wiped out Win8 on the boot drive, and need to get into BIOS to re-install? Are you screwed? Need to RMA?

Win8 computers, especially laptops, are just totally screwed up. Between Secure Boot and Fast Boot, and everything else. Who needs it.

12. serpretetsky

If you no longer have windows 8 installed, then the uefi boot process detects that you have no proper uefi boot devices, and will usually present you with a boot/setup screen.

I'm honestly not as much of an expert on this entire process as i'd like to be, and i'm still quite puzzled by parts of it myself.

13. giusemanuel

I followed your guide and I entered the bios, I disabled "fast boot", "secure boot" and "launch csm". Now, when you start pressing "canc" the computer enters the bios, and when press "esc" pc shown the boot option.

There is yet another problem, the my boot is incorrect.
    The correct boot is this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F-TTTQzLU4

in comparison to mine, the screen shows the asus logo and the Intel logo and then shows the screen with the logo of windows 8 and logo of loading. While my video shows only the asus logo screen and below the logo loading and then directly enter in the operating system.

the my boot is:
    http://youtu.be/fnbChgMxDJ4

are there other items in the bios that I can set to fix?

thanks to all

#12 giusemanuel, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  14. giusemanuel

it is as if windows 8 boot and asus bios had merged (in boot phase).

15. giusemanuel

Problem solved. Because someone could help, I tell you what I did. I disabled the "fast boot" and i enabled "launch csm" in the bios. Now it appears the normal bios screen at startup with asus and intel logo, and then the logo of windows 8. At startup if i press delete normally enter in the bios.

Thanks

16. serpretetsky

thanks for getting back to us