Utah Jazz guard pleads guilty to having sex with 14 year old

Braves

Banned
Dec 16, 2001
linky

why do people with golden oppertunities find ways to ruin their lives or do things as stupid as this? First round pick, earning a big (well, compared to non professional sports players) salary, and he goes and has sex with a damn 14 year old girl.

luv2chill

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2000
Whew! You had me concerned there for a second that it was John Stockton... although I should have known that such a class-act would never do something like that. :)

l2c

Anghang

Platinum Member
Apr 30, 2001
20 yrs old...no surprise there...not many ppl think about careers and their futures at that age...i know i didn't, and neither did many others that i knew back then...i'm not saying what he did was ok, but its just no surprise, living for the moment instead of thinking about the consequences and repercussions...

Daishiki

Golden Member
Nov 9, 2001
i mean, he has the money for prostitutes. instead, he goes to be a pedophile. wrong, just wrong...

SirFshAlot

Elite Member
Apr 11, 2000

<< I think this situation has made me grow as a person and man," Stevenson said in a statement >>

WTF?!?!?!?!?

this arsehole should be doing 1 to 15 like any other JoeBlow

any of you with daughters would feel the same

Cruisin1

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999

<< Litman said the Jazz would arrange for Stevenson to do his community service at the Boys & Girls Club. >>

I'm sorry... but this might not be an appropriate punishment for the crime. What if he is "tempted" again....

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
Chances are that he didn't have any control over what he was doing. He's mentally ill and needs help. Anyone, at any level in life, with this type of sickness will do whatever they need to do to fill their needs.

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001

<<
<< Litman said the Jazz would arrange for Stevenson to do his community service at the Boys & Girls Club. >>

I'm sorry... but this might not be an appropriate punishment for the crime. What if he is "tempted" again....
>>

The prosecution argued that it was not an appropriate place given the circumstances, and the judge agreed and said if he did it at a club it had to be a boys only club.

InfectedMushroom

Golden Member
Aug 15, 2001

hmmm he was only 19 when this happened.

i bet many of you at 19 if you would had money and some hot chick would have come up to you because of that and if she looked like she was close to your age you would have gone for it. riiiiiight??
that's what i thought.

Murphyrulez

Golden Member
Mar 24, 2001

Chances are that he didn't have any control over what he was doing. He's mentally ill and needs help. Anyone, at any level in life, with this type of sickness will do whatever they need to do to fill their needs.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Oh my god, I need a new monitor, I just spewed my pop all over it.

That's a funny one. Of course he's not responsible. His schlong just came out of his pants and wrapped around his legs and dragged him over to the girl and forced him to do it. Yeah that's it.

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< i bet many of you at 19 if you would had money and some hot chick would have come up to you because of that and if she looked like she was close to your age you would have gone for it. riiiiiight??
that's what i thought.
>>

You thought wrong. On highschool graduation night (when I was 18), a girl by the name of Sherrie Henschew came through the procession line. This girl was 9th grade, 14 years old and very, very beautiful. She came up to me, threw her arms around me and told me she'd had a crush on me watching me play basketball all through highschool. Then, she tried to kiss me. I thought it was repulsive because she was so young, and pushed her away.

Of course now, that four years is pretty meaniingless, but at the time it was the difference between an adult and a child.

Russ, NCNE

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001

<<

<< i bet many of you at 19 if you would had money and some hot chick would have come up to you because of that and if she looked like she was close to your age you would have gone for it. riiiiiight??
that's what i thought.
>>

You thought wrong. On highschool graduation night (when I was 18), a girl by the name of Sherrie Henschew came through the procession line. This girl was 9th grade, 14 years old and very, very beautiful. She came up to me, threw her arms around me and told me she'd had a crush on me watching me play basketball all through highschool. Then, she tried to kiss me. I thought it was repulsive because she was so young, and pushed her away.

Of course now, that four years is pretty meaniingless, but at the time it was the difference between an adult and a child.

Russ, NCNE
>>

Right...but when you're a big-time NBA star, it doesn't happen to you once in a lifetime...it happens to you 20 or 30 times a day :Q

Doesn't make it right of course...

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
ugh.. so if so many girls are throwing themselves at him.. why go for an illegal one! and yeah.. im 19.. no way i'd go for anyone younger then 18...

spanky

Lifer
Jun 19, 2001
r kelly did it like a few years back... but just got caught now. this is sick... especially since he has a wife and 2 kids.

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< Right...but when you're a big-time NBA star, it doesn't happen to you once in a lifetime...it happens to you 20 or 30 times a day >>

Wouldn't matter if it happened a hundred times a day, I would still find it repulsive. But then, morals seem to have changed since I was that age, so maybe I'm just out of touch.

Russ, NCNE

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
FWIW, it's not like he's a pedafile or something.

Also, the sex was consentual, though against the law.

amish

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
"He's never made any excuses," Litman said. "Since the day after the event he has been apologetic to the young lady, to her parents and to her grandparents. He went over there and told them he didn't mean any disrespect."

Gee, I'm sorry Mr & Mrs Jones, I didn't mean any disrespect by screwing your 14 year old daughter.

The only circumstance under which I would say anything less than castration would be appropriate would be if he didn't know how old she was. I've seen some damn hot 14 year olds, where you are staring happily until you find out they're little kids. They don't look it, they don't act it. But they're 14.

If he knew how old she was, he got off way too easy.

Viper GTS

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000

<< Chances are that he didn't have any control over what he was doing. He's mentally ill and needs help. Anyone, at any level in life, with this type of sickness will do whatever they need to do to fill their needs.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Oh my god, I need a new monitor, I just spewed my pop all over it.

That's a funny one. Of course he's not responsible. His schlong just came out of his pants and wrapped around his legs and dragged him over to the girl and forced him to do it. Yeah that's it.
>>

I never said he wasn't responsible, you twit. I was just responding to those who asked how a guy with a great career could mess up like that. Try not being an ass and read first.

Eug

Lifer
Mar 11, 2000
Not in the least justifying what he did, but strangely enough in some places the age of consent is 14 whereas in others it's older. In Canada and elsewhere it would have been considered legal as I understand it (had he not got her drunk first that is).

Nonetheless he is a slug and a moron.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Well at first I was kinda ticked. But after reading the whole story I realize he just made a mistake. While at 19 he is too old for a 14 year old right now, its not like he had sex with a ten year old. He also seems to be a pretty good young man. And at that age and in his situation he just failed one of many many tests that none of us will ever face. So I give him a pass hoping that he'll not make the same mistake again. But at 14 years old she's no baby and also knows right from wrong. And it takes guts and some class to go face to face with her parents and apologize. Its not all doom and gloom with him.

SirFshAlot

Elite Member
Apr 11, 2000

<< Also, the sex was consentual, though against the law. >>

<< , its not like he had sex with a ten year old >>

society has determined that 14 year olds aren't accountable enough to decide to consent to sex, so it is the responsibility of adults to not engage them in it

if an adult doesnt take that responsibility seriously, they should be taken out of society until they are ready to be held to the standards

our children need to be protected from takers and predators

if the rest of us aren't willing to protect them, who will????