UT3 is NOT dead!!! List the active servers you play on to help build the community!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Clinkster

Aug 5, 2009
Are there servers still up for that?

OnSlaught was awesome, I could get into that again!

I checked a few weeks ago on UT3 and UT2k4.

UT2k4 has very few servers for every mode except Onslaught. IIRC there were about a dozen nearly full. I only uninstalled because I was a bigger fan of assault, and nobody plays that anymore.

Onslaught seems like your gig, you can hop on and find a server pretty easily.

Oct 30, 2004
man, feels like UT3 came out a lot longer ago than 4-5 years, maybe its because it fizzled out so fast and was heavily overshadowed by Crysis

Crysis really had nothing to do with it. Crysis can't hold a candle up to what UT could potentially offer for online multiplayer. The problem was not that Crysis overshadowed UT3, but rather that Epic did an awful job with UT3.

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
yeah, i didn't even give BF3 this long since my last post in this thread. UT3 should be free, all there is to it. I mean with games like Planetside 2 or Tribes 2 having free to play with options for noob's to pay for the slight advantage over other noob's pack. which is normally cheaper than this game still.