USSC supports President Trump

Jul 9, 2009

"The Supreme Court is allowing nationwide enforcement of a new Trump administration rule that prevents most Central American immigrants from seeking asylum in the United States.

The justices’ order late Wednesday temporarily undoes a lower-court ruling that had blocked the new asylum policy in some states along the southern border. The policy is meant to deny asylum to anyone who passes through another country on the way to the U.S. without seeking protection there."

Yet another Supreme Court win the President Trump. Only Sotomajor and Ginsberg dissenting. No longer can "refugees" pass though different countries offering asylum so they can illegally enter the United States and when/if caught claim to be refugees so as to avoid being returned.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Suddenly the law isn't the law? Bunch of authoritarians who need to be deported to Russia.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump loses 50 states and corrupt sc says no he won - Bush vs gore again. We are a bunch of pussies who love to be humiliated after all.

Last edited:

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I’ve grown surprisingly comfortable with the idea of court packing since the Republicans beat Ds to it. If the Dems get control then pack away until the Rs feel like seeing reason.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I’ve grown surprisingly comfortable with the idea of court packing since the Republicans beat Ds to it. If the Dems get control then pack away until the Rs feel like seeing reason.
So what was the excuse provided by Kagan and Breyer?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
In the words of Philip J Fry:

im_shocked.gif

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I don't see what the issue is here. People are country shopping and exploiting loopholes in the system.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
When liberal democrats want hoards of people to immigrate into this country using the guise of compassion, they are being disingenuous about their true motives. Democrats think if they can portray an image of compassion, then not enforce border control, they will have a bloc of future democratic voters. Save for that, they wouldn't give two shits about those people. It's plainly obvious when they fight any attempts to control illegal immigration, enact sanctuary cities and provide free healthcare for illegal aliens. City and state governments declare de facto wars on ICE and law enforcement refuses to cooperate. If a democrat denies any of the above, they are fucking lying to you.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
When liberal democrats want hoards of people to immigrate into this country using the guise of compassion, they are being disingenuous about their true motives. Democrats think if they can portray an image of compassion, then not enforce border control, they will have a bloc of future democratic voters. Save for that, they wouldn't give two shits about those people. It's plainly obvious when they fight any attempts to control illegal immigration, enact sanctuary cities and provide free healthcare for illegal aliens. City and state governments declare de facto wars on ICE and law enforcement refuses to cooperate. If a democrat denies any of the above, they are fucking lying to you.
The problem with this is that people with severe mental issues like you think this way, not Democrats. Liberals like myself just realize we are very privileged here and can show some compassion and humanity in how we deal with those from other countries. Law enforcement in cities shouldn't spend a single dime of their resources on dealing with immigration issues, leave that to the federal government. ICE has been acting like a gestapo as of recently so absolutely they should be opposed until they can reel their despicable behavior in. No one's lying to you, except Trump and Republicans. Dems just actually posses humanity that no Republican has for 50 years.

Reactions: dank69 and ch33zw1z

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
The problem with this is that people with severe mental issues like you think this way, not Democrats. Liberals like myself just realize we are very privileged here and can show some compassion and humanity in how we deal with those from other countries. Law enforcement in cities shouldn't spend a single dime of their resources on dealing with immigration issues, leave that to the federal government. ICE has been acting like a gestapo as of recently so absolutely they should be opposed until they can reel their despicable behavior in. No one's lying to you, except Trump and Republicans. Dems just actually posses humanity that no Republican has for 50 years.

Surprise surprise! More bullshit. ICE is doing their job and YOU oppose it because it goes against yours and other liberal's agendas. This is exactly how to ruin a country. We can have a fair immigration system that does not involve breaking the law to get here. And I will lay the blame at the feet of both parties in congress for not getting it handled.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005

We live in a such a privileged and great country that some millionaires kneel for the anthem. How about we get our house in order before we start saving the world?

Also, every time a liberal compares Trump to Hitler or ICE to the Gestapo you lose a credibility point.

Reactions: Atreus21

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Surprise surprise! More bullshit. ICE is doing their job and YOU oppose it because it goes against yours and other liberal's agendas. This is exactly how to ruin a country. We can have a fair immigration system that does not involve breaking the law to get here. And I will lay the blame at the feet of both parties in congress for not getting it handled.
Maybe you need to come to grips with the fact it isn't going to be handled and a humanitarian approach, for whatever motivation you want to attribute, is the only way. Maybe you should start a call for an amendment to the constitution that says nobody gets in to the country as an immigrant who hasn't applied from home waited in line, except in the case of people at risk of the life of their children. Maybe add in an amendment that we will go to war with any nation that does not protect its own children from gang or political violence.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Anyone care to point out that the ruling is only meant to allow the practice while the court case works out? It's not a definitive proclamation about the legitimacy of the act, despite the xenophobic wet dreams of people like Taj and Slow.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
We live in a such a privileged and great country that some millionaires kneel for the anthem. How about we get our house in order before we start saving the world?

Also, every time a liberal compares Trump to Hitler or ICE to the Gestapo you lose a credibility point.

what does the former have to do with anything? And how does it relate to the latter of "getting our house in order"?

Let me guess, we need to show more respect for the president, military, and law enforcement officers too :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jul 9, 2009
Anyone care to point out that the ruling is only meant to allow the practice while the court case works out? It's not a definitive proclamation about the legitimacy of the act, despite the xenophobic wet dreams of people like Taj and Slow.
It was about the Supreme Court bitch slapping lower courts and judges for overstepping their powers and making idiotic rulings that they should have had the sense not to make.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It was about the Supreme Court bitch slapping lower courts and judges for overstepping their powers and making idiotic rulings that they should have had the sense not to make.

There's something about "temporary" you don't seem to understand.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
what does the former have to do with anything? And how does it relate to the latter of "getting our house in order"?

Let me guess, we need to show more respect for the president, military, and law enforcement officers too :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Hes the master of the non sequitur. Guy couldn't follow a logical train of thought for toffee.

Reactions: Meghan54
Nov 25, 2013

Propaganda parrot talks about credibility. Bloody hilarious.

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
Has it ever occurred to you that people might actually have some sympathy for people fleeing certain areas of the world?

I myself am an immigrant to Canada and my family and I left a country that was in the middle of a civil war. While we were not under immediate threat, we applied for immigration, was granted, and then we moved. Some people may not have that luxury and may need to flee immediately. I agree that some people claiming refugee status for example probably are not in any immediate danger, however, that doesn't mean that's the case for the majority.

But seriously (and I don't usually say this to anyone especially from behind a keyboard)....STFU with your projection...YOU clearly don't give "two shits" about those people...doesn't mean everyone is like you.

Jul 9, 2009
Has it ever occurred to you that people might actually have some sympathy for people fleeing certain areas of the world?

I myself am an immigrant to Canada and my family and I left a country that was in the middle of a civil war. While we were not under immediate threat, we applied for immigration, was granted, and then we moved. Some people may not have that luxury and may need to flee immediately. I agree that some people claiming refugee status for example probably are not in any immediate danger, however, that doesn't mean that's the case for the majority.

But seriously (and I don't usually say this to anyone especially from behind a keyboard)....STFU with your projection...YOU clearly don't give "two shits" about those people...doesn't mean everyone is like you.
I'm glad they accepted you. The United States takes in well over a million legal immigrants every year. Why should we be forced to accept the illegal/criminal scofflaws that attempt to break our laws and gain illegal entry?
I have a great idea, let's just send these hundreds of thousands of illegals into your Canada now.