Using new Xbox One S controller wirelessly on PC

It's Not Lupus

Aug 19, 2012
I don't have bluetooth on my desktop PC. Is the "Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows" compatible with the new One S controller?

Nevermind. I read the controller has both wifi direct and bluetooth.

Last edited:

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Is the S a different controller? I don't believe the normal Xbox one controllers have Bluetooth.

HitAnyKey

Oct 4, 2013
How reliable are you finding the wireless connection? Any issues? Any lag? Any other differences with the new controller? Better feel or better precision?

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
awww bluetooth!

damn you MS...

Supposedly it supports both BT and WiFi Direct so it can work on any XB1 model and supports the wireless adapter. I wonder though if they will release a new Elite controller with bluetooth as well.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
I picked up one a few days ago. The shell has a real nice feel to it - slightly porous, feels good in the hand. The face buttons feel more clicky - bumpers seem the same as the older model. Sticks feel about the same. I tried bluetooth to connect but won't pair up as it should, so I'm using the wireless dongle that Microsoft sells.

Canbacon

Dec 24, 2007
I picked up one a few days ago. The shell has a real nice feel to it - slightly porous, feels good in the hand. The face buttons feel more clicky - bumpers seem the same as the older model. Sticks feel about the same. I tried bluetooth to connect but won't pair up as it should, so I'm using the wireless dongle that Microsoft sells.

If you are on Windows 10, make sure you install the accessories app, plug the controller in with a micro-b connector and update the controller's firmware. It should allow you to use Bluetooth on the PC or other devices. You can also plug the controller in to an XBOX One and update it from there.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-...dset-adapter#37e7dbe2c7764e0381562a25074d07b4