Useless Poll of the Day #4...Paper or Plastic?

Saulbadguy

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2003
I always get plastic. So much easier to carrier multiple bags. I wonder why people still get paper..? Let me know!

BeefJurky

Sep 5, 2001
definitely plastic for the carrying of multiple bags. some people get paper in plastic, cuz they want to be able to carry a bunch of them, but still have the paper bags to wrap gifts or something... i dunno. what do people do with paper bags anyway?

neutralizer

Lifer
Oct 4, 2001
You know I once saw this old lady before at a store and she wanted her stuff double paper-bagged. The bag boy was like really pissed off because it's such a b*tch to double bag with paper since you have unfold the paper bag and open it and then put another one inside, open it, smooth it out etc and she bought a sh*t load of stuff.

ajpa123

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2003
Plastic .. lol
Then i use them as trash bags. I fill up 2 everyday with my junk from cooking and my coffee filters...

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Plastic, it does a better job cutting off the circulation in your fingers when you carry 50 lbs of groceries.

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
I don't really give a sh!t, but I'll agree plastic is easier to carry. My parents get paper because they like to put a paper bag under the sink to use as a trash bag.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
we use the plastic bags as garbage bags in the kitchen. The 2 of us don't produce enough garbage there to warrant those huge costly black garbage bags every night.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: neutralizer
You know I once saw this old lady before at a store and she wanted her stuff double paper-bagged. The bag boy was like really pissed off because it's such a b*tch to double bag with paper since you have unfold the paper bag and open it and then put another one inside, open it, smooth it out etc and she bought a sh*t load of stuff.

I bagged groceries back in high school. Those people pissed me off! :|

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
We use paper bags for storing our old Newspapers so they can be recycled. So if I'm out of the paper bags I get paper to replenish my supply. But most of the time we get plastic.

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002

I know how he feels. I hated it when customers asked for paper bags.

Kenny1234

Aug 31, 2003

I've had people ask for paper inside of plastic

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
P A P E R (unless it's pouring raining).

Paper holds more, is easier to carry (for a larger load) and is easier to recycle than plastic is.

PAPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: RossMAN
P A P E R (unless it's pouring raining).

Paper holds more, is easier to carry (for a larger load) and is easier to recycle than plastic is.

PAPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

baaah, who recycles?