How To Used WS_FTP95LE with Netscape Composer, Communicator 4.7. I had to remove my web site. Need a sitebuilder where I can use it.

iconeyes

Feb 8, 2019
Also, not sure how to change the files in the ftp program to new file extensions. I prefer to use this program and XP, rather than the newer ones that I have seen. Thank you.

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
Since no one else has replied here...

First, I have to recommend you use modern programs for Internet access. Using an old WYSIWYG is alright, mostly, though sites developed with it won't look good on cell phones. (That's called "responsive design".) But for security purposes you really ought to use a more updated system to upload the site. I recommend FileZilla with some newer OS, Windows or Linux.

Now, for hosting, you just need a host that accepts FTP. There are several web hosting threads around. There's also a member here, @ViviTheMage, who sells hosting.

ViviTheMage

Lifer
Dec 12, 2002
madgenius.com
Thanks for the reference @Ken g6 , and iconeyes, are you still running Windows XP? If all you are trying to do is change extensions, your host should be able to let you in via FTP, FTPS, SSH, or even a web gui that will let you do some file and directory management.