Question Used GTX 1080 TI

Shreyas Aaron

Apr 7, 2020
Hey guys, I recently found this ad for a ZOTAC AMP! Edition GTX 1080 TI for around $130. The problem with the card is that it doesn't give an output. The seller even put a screenshot of GPU-Z to understand the issue better. As you can see, everything shows up fine except the memory size, the bus width and the bandwidth. It even shows that the memory is GDDR5X from Micron. Is there any possible fix for this? If there is, I might as well buy it.

Attachments

• IMG_20200407_184703.jpg
    IMG_20200407_184703.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 20

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
That's an aweful lot of money for a card that doesn't even work...

GPU-Z screenshots should also be taken with a grain of salt. Its not unheard of for some operations to "dupe" a bios so GPU-Z displays the card as something it is not. If this is coming from China (dunno if it is or not), thats another big fat heck no (lot of duped cards come out of China).

Also, to the best of my knowledge, there is no way to make the 1080ti pass its video output through your integrated chipset or something so without being able to output an image on its own its basically a paperweight or a very power hungry CUDA co-processor.

Reactions: Nnyan

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Hey guys, I recently found this ad for a ZOTAC AMP! Edition GTX 1080 TI for around $130. The problem with the card is that it doesn't give an output. The seller even put a screenshot of GPU-Z to understand the issue better. As you can see, everything shows up fine except the memory size, the bus width and the bandwidth. It even shows that the memory is GDDR5X from Micron. Is there any possible fix for this? If there is, I might as well buy it.
Welcome to the Anandtech forums!

No way, that fact that it's that cheap would steer me way far away. Unless you really like risk and are an electronics repair technician, it's better to spend the money to get something better.