Use a Mac or AOL?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Afrotech

Aug 3, 2004
Originally posted by: loic2003
Is it 1995 still?? OP, have you read up on macs in the last 10 years at all? I doubt you have as there's no way you'd make that kind of a comparison if you had. Macs are sweet computers: the closest you can get to perfection in this day and age. The only down side is gaming and that's improving by the day. Other than that a mac beats a PC in every way.

AOL is shite, however.

dont forget the stock just dropped 6% with intro of minimac and that little ipod thing..... company must stay afloat to build computers.

i do like the g4 though.... would never pay that much money, but it's a cute little system... for cute little people... who like to save things.... like trees.

ed21x

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2001
Macintosh by far. My LC is still running strong, and has outlived every other PC i've bought since =)

40Hands

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2004
Originally posted by: loic2003
Originally posted by: MetalMat
Dont forget that macs cost more too.

Jaguars cost more than Vauhall novas, does it make them shit? no.

1) Read up on what makes a mac so much better than a PC
2) Look up the mac mini if you're looking for something cheap
3) Stop copying kids' opinions in forums, learn about the differences and make an informed opinion of your own.

yes Macs are so much better then PCs.....you forgot to add "IMO" at the end of that.

The price/upgradability/gaming issue makes enough of a case for me not to buy one.

Zeeky Boogy Doog

Platinum Member
Mar 31, 2004
Originally posted by: Czar
its like..... would you want your left eye or right eye poked out of your skull with a fork

thats about as well as i could have said it
i picked mac though, hate aol, i've hated macs almost as much though ever since the beginning of hs, my old school had macs, and they were hell to use