USB Optical Mouse not recognized error 28 Windows 8.1

rfsapiens

Mar 6, 2008
Hello people,

I have a Hp pavilion 15-E003 laptop with Windows 8.1 and from since some weeks ago I can use my usb optical mouse or any other mouses. Everything works fine in all my usb ports except the mice. I tried almost everything so far...

-going to bios / uefi and disable xhci mode
- unninstalling reinstalling chipset drivers and usb drivers
- disabling selective power down and all the power stuff to avoid usb from being suspended
- forcing installing the HID driver (which gives me an error 10 in device manager saying insufficient resources for API)
- unninstalling all usb hubs and reinstalling them also unchecking the power features so that they cannot be turned off

and sometimes the mice and usb manager just goes on and off and the mouse enters in a cycle of being detected and disconnected on and on and on . Since the mouse works in another computers and my usb ports work correctly frankly I don't know what else can I do to solve this issue.... Do you have any ideas? Could you kindly help me please?
Thank you in advance for your kind help and support.
I'm looking forward to hear a reply soon from you.

With the best regards,

Rfsapiens.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Does Device Manager say anything about the mouse device(s)? Does it give "Code 10" or some related error? Or just they appear and disappear?

runzwithsizorz

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2002
I do not know if your problem is related to mine (See post on "Mouse stops working") I don't remember error messages, just a mouse freeze. I have an Asus ROG laptop, Win 7. Anyway, I bought a wireless Logitech 602 and it woks fine. I am NOT using Logitech drivers, just Windows ones.

rfsapiens

Mar 6, 2008
Hello,

Thank you all for your kind replies :)
Sometimes it stays with error 10 other times it just appears and disappears alternating with error 10 and one time it gave me an error 43 for 2 or 3 seconds. The mouse work properly in other computers execept this one.

With the best regards,

Rfsapiens.