USB Mass Storage Device conflicts in Win2k

moosebanna

Jul 31, 2000
I just got this Fujifilm FinePix 1300 and tried hooking it up through my USB. I have never seen so much trouble caused by that darned USB port. I have a dual boot now of WinXP and Win2k. I use 2k the most, and when I tried to install the drivers that came with the camera, they did not work. Got that stupid exclamation mark. Tried reinstalling them and then the wizard said it found better drivers on the WINNT drivers folder.

Anyways I tried that one too. No luck. My computer zapped twice reinstalling the drivers. I trired in XP and that was even worse. Every time it found the device and was about to install the drivers...ZAP computer reboots.

Obviously there is a USB issue. I am sure its one of those VIA mobo issues too. I have installed the lastest 4 in 1 drivers from VIA. No luck. How can I get this stupid USB Mass Storage Device to work properly. I have found sites that said to install the drivers on the net. Tried that (they are the same as the cd), but I get a message that those drivers don't say anything about the hardware. It is really aggrevating me, for a split second I felt that I missed 98.

If anyone can help, please let me know. I have tried those USB sites, www.usbman.com. Nothing there helped, or I did not find anything to help.

Mobo is Asus K7V has VIA KX133 chipset. Thanks.

~Moose

GAZZA

Golden Member
Oct 18, 1999
I didnt have the same mobo but i did have the same camera and run win2k and connected via the usb ports without any problems.
I'm trying to remember if i got a better driver off the web instead , but i might be thinking of my Sony.
Do any other devices work on your USB ports ?

sohcrates

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2000
when you re-installed drivers, did you remove it from device manager first and then reboot? or did you just upgrade the drivers?

remove it all from device manager...boot up w/out the usb device plugged in..then when windows is loaded try plugging in the camera and installing the newest drivers

moosebanna

Jul 31, 2000
My IBM PC Camera works fine as does my scanner and Sidewinder. So the USB ports are fine. I will try what sohcrates suggests, but I am pretty sure I did that. Both in 2K and in XP the computer would zap.