USB device not recognized

vissarix

Jun 12, 2015
Hello guys, i keep getting this error all the time...It gives the same error even when everything is unplugged...

It all started few days ago, first it was giving me errors when connected the mouse and keyboard on all the 5 USB ports on the back of my desktop...Then tried everything and finally after connecting my mouse and keyboard on the 2 USB ports on the front it stopped giving me that error...Today i installed a new OS version and started giving me errors again...Now it doesnt stop althought i tried every solution...

I wonder is my motherboard is done at this point and should replace it??

I have an P8 Z68 VPRO motherboard..

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Hello guys, i keep getting this error all the time...It gives the same error even when everything is unplugged...

It all started few days ago, first it was giving me errors when connected the mouse and keyboard on all the 5 USB ports on the back of my desktop...Then tried everything and finally after connecting my mouse and keyboard on the 2 USB ports on the front it stopped giving me that error...Today i installed a new OS version and started giving me errors again...Now it doesnt stop althought i tried every solution...

I wonder is my motherboard is done at this point and should replace it??

I have an P8 Z68 VPRO motherboard..

That sounds like what started happening when my old Asrock board started going out. Generally motherboards start displaying weird issues like you are experiencing, instead of just simply dying one day without warning.

vissarix

Jun 12, 2015
That sounds like what started happening when my old Asrock board started going out. Generally motherboards start displaying weird issues like you are experiencing, instead of just simply dying one day without warning.
Damn this is unfortunate...I cant afford a new system right now...Now i need at last 70 euro for a used Mobo to replace this one..

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Damn this is unfortunate...I cant afford a new system right now...Now i need at last 70 euro for a used Mobo to replace this one..

Same thing happened to me. The replacement board was out of production, and the remaining used ones were so overpriced, I just sold the CPU and RAM and built a new PC.

Maybe you can find one in a for sale forum like we have here, as many people from that generation are upgrading to new platforms.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
You could try disabling all of them, and using an add-in USB card. If the errors go away, cheap fix, if not return the card. Hence, pick the right etailer or retailer when purchasing to avoid restock fees and other nonsense.

vissarix

Jun 12, 2015
Installed a new OS version again and connected mouse and keyboard on the front USB ports and now there are no errors...I hope it stays this way cause as i said before i cant afford a new system right now...

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Cool, and the add-in card is the cheapest fix if the errors return.