US Women Soldiers More Likely To Get Raped Than Killed In Iraq

ultra laser

Banned
Jul 2, 2007
The stories are shocking in their simplicity and brutality: A female military recruit is pinned down at knifepoint and raped repeatedly in her own barracks. Her attackers hid their faces but she identified them by their uniforms; they were her fellow soldiers. During a routine gynecological exam, a female soldier is attacked and raped by her military physician. Yet another young soldier, still adapting to life in a war zone, is raped by her commanding officer. Afraid for her standing in her unit, she feels she has nowhere to turn.

These are true stories, and, sadly, not isolated incidents. Women serving in the U.S. military are more likely to be raped by a fellow soldier than killed by enemy fire in Iraq.

41% of female veterans seen at the clinic say they were victims of sexual assault while in the military, and 29% report being raped during their military service.

http://www.latimes.com/news/op...1mar31,0,5399612.story

Locked because there is no comment in the OP. P&N is not just a place to reprint articles, you have to add your own comments when you post.

Rainsford
AnandTech P&N Moderator

Randulph

Banned
Apr 1, 2008
i like to rape to rap music hahah
sorry i am making a joke

but to some girl r8p is for fun i think

---

Good bye, TROLL.

Harvey
Senior AnandTech Moderator

manowar821

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2007
Originally posted by: Randulph
i like to rape to rap music hahah
sorry i am making a joke

but to some girl r8p is for fun i think

Trolling or retarded, pick your poison. :cookie:

KB

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 1999
I have heard many storied about this in the past. Including one that suggested all women in the military go on birth control because they were likely to be raped. I think they should have female only branches of the military. Or women shouldn't join the military.

manowar821

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2007
Originally posted by: KB
I have heard many storied about this in the past. Including one that suggested all women in the military go on birth control because they were likely to be raped. I think they should have female only branches of the military. Or women shouldn't join the military.

Or just slaughter every man who does this, that'll make others think twice about it.

yours truly

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2006
yea just torture n slaughter every man accused of rape..

being falsely accused of raping some dumb bint i never even met, i know from bitter experience. most women are crazy and cry rape, when they have had consenual relations with someone and then make up whatever story they want.

yeah rape happens, iknow, abused for 5 years every day..by my dad

people falsely accussing someone of rape SHOULD be tortured n slaughtered.

LTC8K6

Lifer
Mar 10, 2004
What are the actual rape and assault stats, though?

The info in the LA Times is essentially meaningless, imo.

When these women respond to a question that they were raped, would an objective person agree? Would a jury?

We've heard these sorts of stats about rape before.

I'll wager that the majority of these incidents were not reported to authorities and there is no way to check the validity of the numbers.

toolboxolio

Jan 22, 2007
Originally posted by: hopeless74
yea just torture n slaughter every man accused of rape..

being falsely accused of raping some dumb bint i never even met, i know from bitter experience. most women are crazy and cry rape, when they have had consenual relations with someone and then make up whatever story they want.

yeah rape happens, iknow, abused for 5 years every day..by my dad

people falsely accussing someone of rape SHOULD be tortured n slaughtered.
:Q

yours truly

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2006
it happens..

my buddy sitting literally right beside watching the footy, has had it worse than me, raped by men, women, animals, crucified put in coffins etc.

he couldnt speak until he was 13

shit happens..

tidehigh

Nov 13, 2006
o and i don't think this is necessarily a bad stat, whatever it means. the other option is to be dead