US to let Turkish forces move into Syria, abandoning Kurdish allies

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Maybe the rest of the world got Trump wrong on this. Perhaps...

he was joking.
we took him literally
Trump being Trump
We didn't understand it
He didn't mean it
Media's fault

Feb 4, 2009
Anyone know what Trump's favorite suck asses @Fox are saying about this? That would be Hannity, Carlson, Ingraham along with Fox and Friends. I occasionally check our Fox's hard news shows but will not debase myself with the likes of them.

They must look like some sort of mutant pretzels by now.

Some dude fromFox & Friends has some tough words regarding it yesterday. Didn’t see it by I read it somewhere. No idea where the other stooges are.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Well enough right wing media critters not to mention gop senate critters have been very vocal against the administration on this issue. If they want to get off the Trump Train, this is their scape goat ... faux outrage and dump the trump. I wanna se it before I believe it.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I like how the Israelis are all worried now that Trump could abandon them if shit went down.

Duh morons. Letting Bibi burn your bridges in service of the great Trump wasn't a good long term plan.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Pompeo has cut the Kurds for dead.

“The Turks had a legitimate security concern,” Pompeo said, justifying the Turkish incursion into northern Syria days after U.S. troops left. “They have a terrorist threat to their south. We’ve been working to make sure that we did what we could do to prevent that terror threat from striking the people in Turkey, while trying to achieve what is in America’s best interest: the threat from radical Islamic terrorism emanating from Syria.”

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
This is why Emoluments clause exists, and Republican judges and politicians bear a lot of responsibility for turning a blind eye on this.

Yep.

Trump's decision here to have our allies slaughtered could be called something like "warcrimes by proxy"

All because he's worried about his business. That is the fact on the ground.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I like how the Israelis are all worried now that Trump could abandon them if shit went down.

Duh morons. Letting Bibi burn your bridges in service of the great Trump wasn't a good long term plan.

at least the Israelis got a new illegal camp named after the great Trump. They must be so proud.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Pompeo has cut the Kurds for dead.

“The Turks had a legitimate security concern,” Pompeo said, justifying the Turkish incursion into northern Syria days after U.S. troops left. “They have a terrorist threat to their south. We’ve been working to make sure that we did what we could do to prevent that terror threat from striking the people in Turkey, while trying to achieve what is in America’s best interest: the threat from radical Islamic terrorism emanating from Syria.”

Pompeo is wrapped up in impeachment as well, so I guess all of these scum are just letting the pus drain freely from their fleshy bags for all to see, while there is still time. They really don't care about the law, honesty and morals, or the USA anymore.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Republicans have betrayed our allies for Trump's financial interests and their own political ones. They are the ones who turned a blind eye to his emoluments and conflicts of interest, don't believe their crocodile tears now. Traitors, each and every one of them.

This is the distilled, chilling truth of what we are facing in this country right now. It is the most toxic disease that we have injected into our political system yet, in over 200 years. It can't survive this way.

The GOP has to be purged and these criminals have to be punished to a very public, very serious degree such that scum like this never attempts to gain power in this country, ever again. These people need to face a serious reckoning. This is not the USA, what the GOP are pretending to represent. These traitors at the top of the party need to face the most serious justice allowed for these crimes.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Let’s look on the bright side...at least we’re selling weapons to both sides!! CHA-CHING!!! Amirite???

Feb 4, 2009
Sad thing is the next democrat president is going to have to apologize for this. See Obama’s first term.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

Lindsay can go roger himself, in a very polite manner. The only thing he needs to be doing right now, if he thinks he is going to help the Kurds and do what's right here, is to demand that Trump resign, along with the rest of the sycophants in the administration.

Graham also needs to put himself up for investigation for why he has belligerently defended Trump against the very crimes that he knew Trump has been committing.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Let’s look on the bright side...at least we’re selling weapons to both sides!! CHA-CHING!!! Amirite???
holy crap.
That's the first time I've seen an appropriate usage of the term "both sides" in this forum.
kudos sir

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Some dude fromFox & Friends has some tough words regarding it yesterday. Didn’t see it by I read it somewhere. No idea where the other stooges are.

One has to wonder when these evangelical turd farmers that lack no energy for fealty to Trump are going to come around to the realization that Trump will just as easily betray them, as soon as the opportunity is weighed before him, without the slightest hesitation.

One has to wonder if that realization will ever come.

Feb 4, 2009
One has to wonder when these evangelical turd farmers that lack no energy for fealty to Trump are going to come around to the realization that Trump will just as easily betray them, as soon as the opportunity is weighed before him, without the slightest hesitation.

One has to wonder if that realization will ever come.

As we’ve seen from the Mooch, Cohen, his weird ass Doctor, possibly Mitt, Sloppy Steve Bannon and a handful of others.
The realization comes after they get run over.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
That's disgusting, what lame 'friends'. Did they even fight the Nazis? Freaking chickens.
When the Continental Army was up to its nads in snow and ice at Valley Forge, the State of Israel did nothing, nothing, to help. Of course, neither did the Kurds, hmm. The French on the other hand were Jacques-on-the-spot.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
OK.... I'm confused.
I need an intervention.
Trump was having his live news conference this afternoon, carried live on Fox News, naturally.
October 9th, 2019.
And the only reporters that were asking the questions were, from Fox News. Surprise surprise.

Here is my dilemma.
Trump gave a very heart felt speech at the end of why he did not like and does not like seeing American lives scarified and lost over in those middle eastern countries.
AND I AGREED WITH HIM.
This is one issue where I totally agrees with Donald Trump, and.... realized with this issue Trump is his own man.
Unlike LBJ and Reagan, and Nixon, and certainly both Bush's, and sadly to say Barack Obama, Donald Trump is no Warhawk.
Not even close.
Obama started off on the right side and opposed unnecessary war and refused to fall into the Warhawk role, but them Obama changed. The elite of the military leadership got to Obama, and then Obama changed. And not for the better. Obama was weak, and gullible.

But with hearing Trump describe his feeling on sending out those letters to the families of those deceased brave soldiers fallen in battle, I could tell that came from his heart.
Donald Trump doesn't understand much, but he does understand sacrifice, and understands the sacrifice of our military men and women and their families.
And Donald Trump believes that sacrifice is nothing to toss around or demand unless absolutely necessary.
And he means totally absolutely necessary.
So, I gotta tell ya as much as I hate Donald Trump, I do respect him for that.

Not a Warhawk. Not Donald Trump.
Maybe, just maybe there is something inside Donald Trump that I have been missing?
Something that I can finally agree with and actually respect him for.
Could that maybe get me to vote for the guy in 2020?
THAT is my dilemma.
I would love to see more fo that in Donald Trump, where he tells it like it is, makes sense, and connects to the people.
That ending snippet from todays news conference was masterful. He really gets is. At least when talking about sacrifice and the opposition to unnecessary sacrifice.
And those letters to the families. An incredible story.

What's ironic about yours and Trumps faux concern is that the only US military death in Syria in the last year and a half was because of Turkish shelling. Now thousands will die because him and his halfwit supporters can't tell the difference between Afghanistan and Syria.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
When the Continental Army was up to its nads in snow and ice at Valley Forge, the State of Israel did nothing, nothing, to help. Of course, neither did the Kurds, hmm. The French on the other hand were Jacques-on-the-spot.

If it wasn't for the French saving your asses, you'd all be speaking....er....English, I guess...

• Haha

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
If it wasn't for the French saving your asses, you'd all be speaking....er....English, I guess...
We cover that in our history classes. French aid in our revolution gets a solid two sentences. :p

The modern American antipathy toward the French never made any sense to me. The US and France have been consistent allies from day one, far longer than we've been allies with the UK. Really the only time the French and Americans were in disagreement was during the Suez Crisis and the French came around fairly quickly (when the US threatened to destroy the French monetary system :p ).