US 'threatened to bomb' Pakistan

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Alaa

Apr 26, 2005
Originally posted by: Extelleron
Yes, putting fear into terrorists and their supporters just makes us the big bully in the world. :roll:

I am sure if i talked about the Islamic conquests you would say they were "Evil"!

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Update on the Story

Bush says he knows nothing about it and says he would have never authorized such a threat.

Armitage, supposed source of the claim, says he said no such thing.

And Musharraf seems to be dodging the subject by talking about his new book.

Details on the "back to the stone age" comment.
"The intelligence director told me that (Armitage) said, "Be prepared to go back to the Stone Age,'" Musharraf told CBS' "60 Minutes" in a report to air on Sunday.
So it is a second hand interpretation of what Armitage said.

Maybe Armitage said that if Pakistan did not help they risked us bombing terrorist camps within Pakistan on our own.

BTW: Armitage is known as a relative moderate

Ps. Armitage now on the board of directors of the ConocoPhillips oil company so watch out of the war for oil attacks.

Hecubus2000

Dec 1, 2000
So, from what I have read so far, all of this is just a bunch of he said she said. Where is the proof that this was said? I find it amusing how people so driven for proof blindly accept everything that is written, or spoken, by foreign news sources. It seems that anything that paints the US in a negative picture is true and does not need to be questioned. lol, what a double standard.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Originally posted by: ayabe
Originally posted by: Aimster
The U.S would be a fool to bomb Pakistan.

This just proves whoever made the comments was not good for the job. Nobody says that to another country. Especially a country with nuclear weapons.

Their nukes can't hit us, and I don't think they would use them, or risk annihilation by us or India.

But this is pretty revealing, OBL is there and Musharref knows it. This does a lot to explain his half-assed attempts at helping us.

I wonder if they could nuke the crap out of israel that would be exciting wouldn't it???

The Green Bean

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2003
Originally posted by: alchemize
Originally posted by: The Green Bean
Originally posted by: alchemize
OR - perhaps this is a barbed response to Bush's "I would send troops into pakistan if I knew where OBL was" comment a few days earlier.

Either way, I don't have any problem with us threatening Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Syria, or any other terrorist supporting regime.

They support terrorists the same way Saddam had WMDs.

LOL yes I'm sure you would think that way...and honor killings are a myth, and women in islam have equal rights, and it is the "religion of peace"

firstly honor killings are illegal according to islamic law. Secondly what people do in their countries is none of your business. You need to fix you country first before pointing fingers.

The Green Bean

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2003
Originally posted by: blackllotus
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/5369198.stm

Now who is the terrorist?

US department of defense
Terrorism is defined by the US Department of Defense as "the unlawful use of -- or threatened use of -- force or violence against individuals or property to coerce or intimidate governments or societies, often to achieve political, religious, or ideological objectives."

Your bias against America is clear once again. If you actually bothered to think about this rationally you would have realized that something is not necessarily true just because the Pakistan president says it is.

Just like Bush said Iraq had WMDs or Iran wants to develop nuclear weapons?:roll:

The Green Bean

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2003
Originally posted by: Hecubus2000
So, from what I have read so far, all of this is just a bunch of he said she said. Where is the proof that this was said? I find it amusing how people so driven for proof blindly accept everything that is written, or spoken, by foreign news sources. It seems that anything that paints the US in a negative picture is true and does not need to be questioned. lol, what a double standard.

I find it more amusing that thousands of innocent Iraqi civilans are being killed becuase people blindly accept everything that is written, or spoken, by American news sources. The US has lost all credibility by killing based on lies so it would be better for her to STFU!

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Pakistan might be willingly helping Sadam as we speak. The friend of our enemy may indeed be our enemy also. Sometimes force or the threat of force needs to be used to stamp out evil. We did not fight against the Mafia by kissing their behinds.

There is a good chance that parts of Pakistan is already in the hands of Al Qaeda and Pakistan is unable to defeat them or unwilling to kill them.

It is also possible that Al Qaeda has already taken over Thailand.

How many countries have to be taken over by these Fascists before we start taking this threat seriously.

The Green Bean

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2003
Originally posted by: piasabird
Pakistan might be willingly helping Sadam as we speak. The friend of our enemy may indeed be our enemy also. Sometimes force or the threat of force needs to be used to stamp out evil. We did not fight against the Mafia by kissing their behinds.

There is a good chance that parts of Pakistan is already in the hands of Al Qaeda and Pakistan is unable to defeat them or unwilling to kill them.

It is also possible that Al Qaeda has already taken over Thailand.

How many countries have to be taken over by these Fascists before we start taking this threat seriously.

USA is the real evil here. It has no right whatsoever to accuse others of Human rights abuses when she herself is involved in torture, illegal prisons, and phone tapping of citizens.

Now is the time that I realize that nuclear weapons for Pakistan was a good thing despite all the economic implications it had. God willing, in the next couple of years, we will finish our development of ICBMs and then not even the US will dare touch us.

It looks to me that the USA wants total control over the middle east and parts of South Asia so that it can counter India and China. Besides, any attack on Pakistan may ignite full scale war between Russia/China/The Islamic States and the USA. Europe would wan't anything to do with it (Except Bush's poodle) and that might be WW3.

Hecubus2000

Dec 1, 2000

I find it more amusing that thousands of innocent Iraqi civilans are being killed becuase people blindly accept everything that is written, or spoken, by American news sources. The US has lost all credibility by killing based on lies so it would be better for her to STFU!

That's funny. Last time I checked a majority of the US does question its policies and actions. As for the deaths of the thousands of Iraqi citizens, who is doing the majority of the indiscriminant killing over there? It's not the United States, its the terrorists that have no regard for human life.

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
That is an absurd statement, we took far more human lives in the first week of our invasion of Iraq than all the terrorists there have sense then.

Hecubus2000

Dec 1, 2000
Originally posted by: TheSnowman
That is an absurd statement, we took far more human lives in the first week of our invasion of Iraq than all the terrorists there have sense then.

Please prove me wrong.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Just look at your leader Bush...... How much more wrong do you need to be? It's so F'ed up over there. Do you think they would be blowing up it's citizens and in the middle of a civil war if the USA had not stepped in?

Can you see the forest through the trees or are you really that blind? Crap, you'd be lucky to get running water and power. We have turned Iraq into a zoo. Democracy at it's finest...

Please Prove me Wrong... How is Iraq any better before we bombed the crap out of em?

Hecubus2000

Dec 1, 2000
Originally posted by: ericlp
Just look at your leader Bush...... How much more wrong do you need to be? It's so F'ed up over there. Do you think they would be blowing up it's citizens and in the middle of a civil war if the USA had not stepped in?

Can you see the forest through the trees or are you really that blind? Crap, you'd be lucky to get running water and power. We have turned Iraq into a zoo. Democracy at it's finest...

Please Prove me Wrong... How is Iraq any better before we bombed the crap out of em?

WTF are you talking about? I asked him to prove me wrong concerning the number of deaths caused by the escalation of terrorist activities. Whether or not Iraq has been turned into a zoo due to the actions of the United States is another issue. So please, don?t dance around my statement with your bandwagon Bush hating and America is evil crap. And to answer your question, I?m sure there are plenty of Iraqis that will agree the region is a lot better without Saddam in power.

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
WTF are you talking about? I asked him to prove me wrong concerning the number of deaths caused by the escalation of terrorist activities.
You started that line of argument; so, please, provide your own numbers and we can work from there.

Hecubus2000

Dec 1, 2000
WTF are you talking about? I asked him to prove me wrong concerning the number of deaths caused by the escalation of terrorist activities.
You started that line of argument; so, please, provide your own numbers and we can work from there.

No problem, that's fair enough.

Here are some numbers for you.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000

WTF are you talking about? I asked him to prove me wrong concerning the number of deaths caused by the escalation of terrorist activities. Whether or not Iraq has been turned into a zoo due to the actions of the United States is another issue. So please, don?t dance around my statement with your bandwagon Bush hating and America is evil crap. And to answer your question, I?m sure there are plenty of Iraqis that will agree the region is a lot better without Saddam in power.

What ones are you talking about the Dead ones? Yeah they are really better off huh?

Can you take off your bind fold now?

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000

No problem, that's fair enough.

Here are some numbers for you.
Even if I just give you all 30,000 dead during the occupation on terrorists without argument, that just puts you just even with the lowest estimates of Iraqi solders we killed in the initial invasion, and then you have all our shamefully labeled 'collateral damage' on top of that.

Hecubus2000

Dec 1, 2000

What ones are you talking about the Dead ones? Yeah they are really better off huh?

Can you take off your bind fold now?

No, I?m talking about the living ones. And believe me, I have no blindfold on. Since you seem to think Iraq was wonderful when Saddam was in power, answer one question for me.

How would leaving Saddam and his sons in power be beneficial to the populous of Iraq?

beyoku

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2003
Originally posted by: Aimster
The U.S would be a fool to bomb Pakistan.

This just proves whoever made the comments was not good for the job. Nobody says that to another country. Especially a country with nuclear weapons.

bush prolly said that :D