US sort of forgets about Afganistan aid

Morph

Banned
Oct 14, 1999
George Bush doesn't need Afghanistan any more, he found another way to pad his approval rating.

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
One would think this is an oversight, but if oversights of this nature can be made it does make you wonder doesn't it?

SagaLore

Elite Member
Dec 18, 2001
Yea whatever. I just watched a documentary on the current situation in Afghanistan, and it's still being taken care of. US hasn't forgotten anything, this is just liberal propoganda.

KenGr

Aug 22, 2002
The linked story says there was no explanation but I did see a story a while back with the explanation. It said that since the original authorization was done part way through 2002, it actually included 2003 money also, therefore it was not shown in the 2003 budget request. Correct? I don't know but there was an explanation.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: Morph
George Bush doesn't need Afghanistan any more, he found another way to pad his approval rating.

what a F&^#cking idiot, you think he went after al-queda to approve his ratings? LMAO, not sure which is greater, your obvious bias or your complete ignorance....

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Morph

ignorant fool
rolleye.gif

Tominator

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
It's just another way to show less spending than there will be. Afghanistan is being rebuilt and mostly by military personnel.

Bridges, schools and hospitals are being built in every part of the country.

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Linked 1

Link 2

Link 3

I know 1 thing ,the Media has largely forgotten about Afgahn :(:disgust:

I would like to know why the ISAF only protects Kabul ,apparently the Afghan goverment & aid agencies have been crying out for the ISAF to protect other cities too.Fighting between different factions in the north is still common apparently:(.
I read that a few weeks back somewhere on the UN site

Loads of info here about Afghan

Pastfinder

Platinum Member
Jul 2, 2000
It would be stupid to abandon Afghanistan AGAIN. I sure hope someone in Congress grows a brain and fixes this "accounting error"

Tominator

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
For that matter, everyone has forgotten about Kosovo where fighting and ethnic clensing is STILL taking place....

Pastfinder

Platinum Member
Jul 2, 2000
Originally posted by: Tominator
For that matter, everyone has forgotten about Kosovo where fighting and ethnic clensing is STILL taking place....

Well, the US and the world supported the poor KLA, a known terrorist organization which provoked the Serbs in the first place...

Tominator

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Assimilator1
It is?:(

Got some links about that?

No links, but I have heard interviews given by two Canadien Nato Peace Keepers that claim that UN troops are prevented from stopping and conflict without authorization.

They claimed hearing shooting and after a request to investigate, were denied. Later investigation showed many civilians dead and buried in a common grave. "Happens all too frequently."

UN Peace Keepers are confined to the base unless on active patrol. Not exactly a 'peacable' environment!

:(

koryo

Aug 31, 2001
It's just another way to show less spending than there will be. Afghanistan is being rebuilt and mostly by military personnel.

Aren't warlords in charge of most of the country? My understanding is that Karzai in in charge in Kabul, and that's it.

The Taleban, or something like them, will be back. You can quote me on that.

The same goes for Iraq. Eventually we will discover that it is costing us more than it's getting us (the Saudis control the price of oil no matter what anyone else does). We'll turn it over to some new dictator, who's "our guy". He'll stay "our guy" for a while, then he'll pursue his own interests, probably with a lot of our money.

Let's lose the idea that we're "liberating" anyone, or that we even care about it. We couldn't get Osama, so let's at least get somebody. That sums up the whole purpose of this war.

StayPuff

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2001

Roger that, One of my co-workers got shipped out there this week.

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Let's lose the idea that we're "liberating" anyone, or that we even care about it. We couldn't get Osama, so let's at least get somebody. That sums up the whole purpose of this war.

BS! ,whether we'll get Osma I can't answer that ,but to say we are attacking Iraq just to say we are getting 'someone' is ridiculous!.And yes we do care about it ,we care about it enough to do it without the UN.
Incase you haven't noticed Saddam is a brutal & murderous ruler & must not be allowed to stay in power any longer ,he's already been there far too long.

So no I won't 'lose the idea' that we're liberating anyone because we blatantly are!

[edited] to calm down a little;)

koryo

Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Assimilator1

BS! ,whether we'll get Osma I can't answer that ,but to say we are attacking Iraq just to say we are getting 'someone' is ridiculous!.And yes we do care about it ,we care about it enough to do it without the UN.
Incase you haven't noticed Saddam is a brutal & murderous ruler & must not be allowed to stay in power any longer ,he's already been there far too long.

So no I won't 'lose the idea' that we're liberating anyone because we blatantly ARE!:|

Given our wonderful track record with this stuff, dream on.

The idea that we are going to bring democracy to Iraq is BS. Even if we could, all we would end up with is some place like Turkey that might actually dare to defy us. We need a compliant puppet dictator, and that's what we'll install. An added bonus is that it's much easier to do it that way.

The world is full of brutal dictators, and I don't see us going after any of the others. Bush would have more credibility if he had started with someone like Robert Mugabe or Kim Jong Il, who didn't have any oil or "history" with the Bush family.

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Even if we could, all we would end up with is some place like Turkey that might actually dare to defy us.
If that happens down the road then so be it

We need a compliant puppet dictator, and that's what we'll install
What we need is not the point ,& I hope they remember that & I doubt they will install one.

The world is full of brutal dictators, and I don't see us going after any of the others. Bush would have more credibility if he had started with someone like Robert Mugabe
Now there I couldn't agree more ,Mugabe should be stopped now ,in fact he should of been stopped months ago!
Shows yet again that the UN can't/won't do much about these people

or Kim Jong Il
Err ,who?:eek:
Care to educate me on that one?

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Nm ,leader of North Korea :p
Don't know much about N.K ,rarely gets mentioned here (UK),so can't comment atm.

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: koryo

The world is full of brutal dictators, and I don't see us going after any of the others. Bush would have more credibility if he had started with someone like Robert Mugabe or Kim Jong Il, who didn't have any oil or "history" with the Bush family.

Well said.