US Slips Down Global Competitiveness Ranking 4th Year in a row

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
9-5-2012

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-slips-down-global-competitiveness-082328481.html

US Slips Down Global Competitiveness Ranking 4th Year in a row

The world's largest economy, which was placed 5th last year, fell two positions to the 7th spot - marking its fourth year of decline.

"A number of weaknesses are chipping away at its competitiveness...the U.S. fiscal imbalances and continued political deadlock over resolving these challenges," said Jennifer Blanke, Economist at the Geneva-based WEF.

Political deadlock over reducing the unsustainable federal government budget deficit - projected to hit $1.1 trillion this year - prompted Standard & Poor's to downgrade the country's credit rating by one notch to AA+ from AAA last August.

Switzerland and Singapore retained their positions as the most competitive economies, coming in 1st and 2nd, respectively.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Actually this may not be a bad thing.

This whole Global Economy shit has meant just that shit.

Need to drop down as far as possible to the bottom and start producing things here at home.

Screw the rest of the world, they can have their crap and we can have ours, the way it used to be and didn't have this insanity we have now.

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009
You know, I was actually sitting here in this thread chilling wondering if I should post before your 2nd spam count. I was here awhile and kept refreshing and thought maybe just maybe it would be a world first but alas.

@OP He has been in office 4 years and 4 straight years of decline sound good to be on topic?

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
You know, I was actually sitting here in this thread chilling wondering if I should post before your 2nd spam count. I was here awhile and kept refreshing and thought maybe just maybe it would be a world first but alas.

@OP He has been in office 4 years and 4 straight years of decline sound good to be on topic?

and it only take the first reply to spew garbage that it's all Obama's fault.

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009
8 years of Obama and still nothing. Would it still be all about Bush? In your eyes why yes it!

I dunno, I'm a buck stops here man myself but to each his own. At least Bush said he made mistakes and lived up to them.

Btw I'm laughing at you pretty hard right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.