US sends THIRD aircraft carrier near North Korea

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005
Over 1/4 (3 of 11 active) of our carrier fleet is a significant deployment of naval assets.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/wo...lear-Donald-Trump-Kim-Jong-un-Threat-ICBMs???

It would be interesting to know if other conventional assets have been deployed to Japan, Okinawa or Guam such as additional USAF or Marine assets.

Does this mean war is nearing or is this a big stick to forcing DPRK to change its nuclear development plans?

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005
Looks like the Nimitz is rotating out of its Persian Gulf deployment and will be replaced by the Roosevelt. So this may be a very temporary situation. No doubt planned for all 3 to be in the same area but looks to be a show of force rather than prelude to war. Nimitz should be heading back to home port in a few days.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Looks like the Nimitz is rotating out of its Persian Gulf deployment and will be replaced by the Roosevelt. So this may be a very temporary situation. No doubt planned for all 3 to be in the same area but looks to be a show of force rather than prelude to war. Nimitz should be heading back to home port in a few days.

Yes it would seem that what they do with Nimitz would be pretty telling. If they keep it there or turn it around after it's headed home I imagine that means shit is going down. I still remember when they turned the Abraham Lincoln around after we had relieved them before the Iraq War. Once that happened I felt like war was inevitable.