US Robotics 802.11b PCMCIA, even hotter@Dell

haobo

Jul 20, 2002
Hotter than the deal@tigerdirect. Go to dell home S&P, search USR2410, the price is $67.95. Use 10% off + stackable $5 off, free shipping and $30 rebate. The final cost $26.16. Not bad for a PCMCIA wireless card.

Don't forget ebates, another 3% off.

Braxus

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Ahh.... RossMAN... Haven't replied in a same thread that you've been in for a while. :)

The card uses a Prism2 chipset.

Might want to check out this thread for the Truemobile 1150 (relabled Orinoco Gold) for $55.38.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Braxus
Ahh.... RossMAN... Haven't replied in a same thread that you're in for a while. :)

The card uses a Prism2 chipset.

Might want to check out this thread for the Truemobile 1150 (relabled Orinoco Gold) for $55.38.

Long time no see.

Other than lower price what other advantages does this USR have over the Dell (Orinoco)?

crypticlogin

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2001
Does anybody know if the rebate's limited to a certain number per household/address? I'd love to get two and set up an ad-hoc, but getting $30 rebated on each would kick sooooo much butt. :)

edit: I'm looking at the rebate form and the only thing it gives is the "fraudulent submission of multiple requests could land you in deep doo-doo" clause. So is that one per household? Anybody submit and receive for more than one?

shawnman

Mar 14, 2001
I have this card and a Orinoco card and Orinoco AP.

Both work, but the Orinoco has a better range. Not a big deal since the USR is just setting in one of my Tivo's and doesnt move out of range. This is a good deal for a budget card, but if you want to get the max range in my experience Orinoco is the way to go.

p.s. Before it found its way to my Tivo I tested the USR in my laptop - I had a hell of a time getting it to work in Windows XP - but I finally did.