US quarter: I never noticed that George Washington has a pony tail till the 2022 re-design

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
1665806980253.png

All my life i never noticed that Washington had a pony tail.
All i saw was the curled up hair, which i assumed was a white wig like they wore in England back in the day

1665807537034.jpeg

It wasnt till this year's redesign that saw the pony tail :eek:

• Haha
Reactions: Captante

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
The style he favored wasn't fancy, though it may appear so to modern eyes. It was a military style called a queue. It was "the 18th-century equivalent of a marine buzz cut," Krulwich writes. With charming illustrations, artist Wendy MacNaughton brings to life Washington's routine. It included the gathering, enthusiastic yank back to try and broaden the forehead, fluffing of the hair on the side and the powdering.

Apparently he was a ginger and had the good sense to powder it white so no one would know he lacked a soul.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
He had that in the cherry tree fable for crying out loud. I don't remember ever seeing an image of Washington without a ponytail.

What do you think the bow ties together?

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Tsinni Dave

Mar 1, 2022
He had that in the cherry tree fable for crying out loud. I don't remember seeing an image of Washington without a ponytail.

What do you think the bow ties together?

View attachment 69176
That's a seriously weird image. Did that person never see a tree or a child in their life? Did Washington have some weird old man's head on a child's body disease? Was his dad a nude Ken doll with Barbie's legs? Is that God's hand in a suit? Why does the house have multiple doors but no windows? I swear it's giving me brain damage.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
That's a seriously weird image. Did that person never see a tree or a child in their life? Did Washington have some weird old man's head on a child's body disease? Was his dad a nude Ken doll with Barbie's legs? Is that God's hand in a suit? Why does the house have multiple doors but no windows? I swear it's giving me brain damage.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
wtf uses cash these days let alone coins?
it's a rare day i have cash on me. i never, ever have coins
Drug transactions.

A typical component of a search warrant for drugs will mention the need to carry large amounts of currency to do the business.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Drug transactions.

A typical component of a search warrant for drugs will mention the need to carry large amounts of currency to do the business.

What kind of drugs are you buying that involves quarters?