US politics needs more Christie, less Romney

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
Sounds crazy but he'd have to get his weight under control.

Yeah, hypocritical voters will expect him to do what they don't do themselves. They'll call him too fat while they sit in their barcalounger eating a triple cheeseburger, bushel of fries, and 55-gallon drum of soda.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
I honestly think Christie would have won against Obama by a few points this time around.

The point made about the Primaries being retardulous on the Republican side is well taken. Basically you had a bunch of nutters playing to the extreme hard-right base, then gumby Romney abandoned all of that for the heads-up with Obama. Who knows what the hell he really stands for, but in the end I'm sure it's only his fellow Gordon Gekko types he really cares about.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Yeah, hypocritical voters will expect him to do what they don't do themselves. They'll call him too fat while they sit in their barcalounger eating a triple cheeseburger, bushel of fries, and 55-gallon drum of soda.

More likely they will think between his temper and weight he has no self control.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
... which, again, is an example of voter hypocrisy.

Maybe but more is expected from our leaders. I want somebody smarter and more capable then me.

Did u see clip of Christie yelling at someone on the boardwalk? Stuff like that may exclude him from higher office.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
Says the guy who won't vote D or R because the candidates aren't perfect.

Not only are they not perfect, they're not even different in any significant way except name.

Feel free to keep bringing it up, though... your fixation on it is humorous.

Last edited:

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
I dont give a shit about his weight. the guy rules and is one of the very few politicians I actually like.

As a person Christie is way less likely than most of his Republican buddies to be a jackass. And I haven't seen him taking the extreme far right side or constant lying has been indicative of the GOP of late, so he might be a decent option so far as being a decent human being. I'm not super familiar with his stance on most issues, so I don't know if I'd support them. Likely not as I don't tend to be in line with even the more moderate GOP stances. However he may be what the GOP needs to make them willing to be less bitterly partisan. It's clear the GOP needs something as they've devolved into a group who is for the party and not the people.

So it's possible he's the diamond in the steaming pile of shit that could save the party.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Not only are they not perfect, they're not even different in any significant way except name.

Feel free to keep bringing it up, though... your fixation on it is humorous.
No problem. Keep posting hilariously contradictory statements and I'll happily point them out for you.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
LOL, so when he sucks the obama cock he's being bi-partisian? Eat it up fools, he just wants the federal monies. FBHO.

So when you suck Romney's cock what are you being? Bi-partisan or bi-sexual? Not exactly what you had in mind with trickle down I'm sure... FS07.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
So when you suck Romney's cock what are you being? Bi-partisan or bi-sexual? Not exactly what you had in mind with trickle down I'm sure... FS07.

Come on now. No need to go there with spidey. We know he's not sucking Romney's cock. His head is way too far up his own ass to accomplish that.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
This is the huge problem with the liberal and democrats. You're being bad for the "democratic process" if you don't agree with them, the only time they'll say "bi-partisian" is when you agree with them.

Fuck that noise, Americans elected the majority to STOP and OPPOSE what democrats are attempting to do. That is the will of the The People. Democrats must be stopped at all costs, our country depends on destroying them.

The most patriotic thing an American can do is stop, belittle, abuse, ridicule and stomp a liberal. November is coming, get ready patriots...it's almost here.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
For those thinking that Christie wouldn't win the GOP primary or that the GOP wouldn't stand behind him, recall that around the beginning of the year the GOP was begging him to join the race. This was when Romney was considered a front runner.

On one had I want Romney to win, just so Obama is out, however on the other hand, I want Romney to lose, so Christie is the nominee in 2016.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Has Obama finally quit smoking?

Don't really know. I'm not totally anti-Christie just pointing out some of his shortcomings. Frankly his temper is a bigger problem.

If he stops being a jerk to constituents I could give him a look. I don't have a problem with him being a bit of a jackass in other arenas as long as he's effective.

You know this guy has serious self esteem issues when he finds it necessary to wear a disaster mode suit with his name embroidered in big letters. Like people don't know "hey its me, Gov Christie"

And don't go camparing it to Obama. First he's the President and second the office dictates those kinds of things not the occupant.

Christie got points IMO for standing up against the hard right when he wanted to hire a Muslim in his cabinet. Something Romney could never do.

Last edited:

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Don't really know. I'm not totally anti-Christie just pointing out some of his shortcomings. Frankly his temper is a bigger problem.

If he stops being a jerk to constituents I could give him a look. I don't have a problem with him being a bit of a jackass in other arenas as long as he's effective.

You know this guy has serious self esteem issues when he finds it necessary to wear a disaster mode suit with his name embroidered in big letters. Like people don't know "hey its me, Gov Christie"

And don't go camparing it to Obama. First he's the President and second the office dictates those kinds of things not the occupant.

Christie got points IMO for standing up against the hard right when he wanted to hire a Muslim in his cabinet. Something Romney could never do.
Romney has binders full of Muslims.

Nov 29, 2006
This is the huge problem with the liberal and democrats. You're being bad for the "democratic process" if you don't agree with them, the only time they'll say "bi-partisian" is when you agree with them.

Fuck that noise, Americans elected the majority to STOP and OPPOSE what democrats are attempting to do. That is the will of the The People. Democrats must be stopped at all costs, our country depends on destroying them.

The most patriotic thing an American can do is stop, belittle, abuse, ridicule and stomp a liberal. November is coming, get ready patriots...it's almost here.

Dont you have some traffic to go play in?

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
It is possible that Christie has secondary or ulterior motives. The truly cynical could even claim that he's doing this to sandbag Romney so he can run in 2016.

I can't prove anything either way. But my gut tells me that he's just being honest.

Honesty matters.

Jan 25, 2011
It is possible that Christie has secondary or ulterior motives. The truly cynical could even claim that he's doing this to sandbag Romney so he can run in 2016.

I can't prove anything either way. But my gut tells me that he's just being honest.

Honesty matters.

Sadly in viewing politics one man's honesty IS another man's pandering.