US military providing “limited support” to Taliban

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
The enemy of my enemy is my friend, even if they abuse little boys, murder schoolgirls and blow up cultural heritage sites. I could only imagine the outrage if this happened under Obama.

The U.S. military is apparently providing some form of "limited support" for the Taliban as part of the terror group's fight against ISIS in Afghanistan, officials revealed on Tuesday.
Testifying before the House Armed Services Committee, U.S. Central Command chief Marine Gen. Frank McKenzie stated that the Taliban had proven "very effective" at "compress and crush[ing]" ISIS in the group's stronghold in the country's Nangarhar province.

"Over the last several months in eastern Afghanistan, we’ve watched the Taliban compress and crush ISIS presence on the ground in southern Nangahar province, and they’ve been very effective doing that," McKenzie said. "That’s some of the worst terrain in the world. They’ve paid a very steep price in their own fighters."

When asked by Rep. Michael Waltz (R-Fla.) if Taliban had accomplished this independent of U.S. support, McKenzie responded that the terror group had triumphed over ISIS in Nangarhar province with "very limited support from us, and I would characterize that as very limited support" — a terse admission that the U.S. has somehow aided the Taliban in Afghanistan.

Edited title as original implied support = troops.

Last edited:

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
The War on Terror is just a Jobs and Weapons Consumption project these days. Until the US de-Militarizes its' Economy, these pointless wars will just continue, because it's one of the few ways it can Compete under the current system.

Reactions: zinfamous

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
The enemy of my enemy is my friend, even if they abuse little boys, murder schoolgirls and blow up cultural heritage sites. I could only imagine the outrage if this happened under Obama.

They'd deport him to Kenya then nuke it from orbit.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
*checks date to see this isnt a necro from 1989*
Nope.

Guess we arent learning from past mistakes then.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
Taliban... name rings a bell but can put my finger on it. Where would I have heard about these fellas before?

ShookKnight

Dec 12, 2019
... I wonder what the reaction would be, once Trump drone strikes an enemy combatant US citizen...?