US Military hands over Anbar Province to Iraqi Security Forces

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hellokeith

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2004
Originally posted by: Perknose
Invading Iraq has undeniably weakened us.
Denier present and accounted for.

Seriously, our military force is better now than it has ever been. Our all-voluntary military force, with billions of dollars of the best equipment, technology, and training in the world, with a kill-to-death ratio of what? 100-to-1? 1000-to-1?

No, we are not weak. And the world knows it.

The thing that most weakens our military is liberal/anti-war pundits who take every opportunity to insult them and their mission. Shame on you, shame on you.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Originally posted by: hellokeith

Seriously, our military force is better now than it has ever been. Our all-voluntary military force, with billions of dollars of the best equipment, technology, and training in the world, with a kill-to-death ratio of what? 100-to-1? 1000-to-1?

The thing that most weakens our military is liberal/anti-war pundits who take every opportunity to insult them and their mission. Shame on you, shame on you.
"Do you favor or oppose the U.S. war in Iraq?"

Favor: 33%
Oppose: 66%
Unsure: 1%
bump

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

No... the thing that most weakens our military is poorly utilizing them. Wars are expensive, manpower is valuable, and wasting that on needless campaigns weakens both our nation's economic and military might.
So long as our military costs as much as any social welfare program in this country, I'd appreciate that that expenditure of MY taxdollars weren't wasted for the sake of yours and your ilks egos.

It must be nice to live in a fantasy world where what people believe in is all that matters, and everything would be perfect if we all thought the right thoughts, but the real world is one of science and mathematics, where what actually happens is what matters.

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
Originally posted by: her209
The reversal of Sunnis now fighting against the terrorists shows proof that the US Military has won the hearts and minds of the Iraqi people.
Um, what?
lol. The US giving the Sunni insurgents $ surely had nothing to do with this...

Mark my words, the Sunni Awakening is going to lead to a renewed and intensified civil war within the next few years. Once we stop paying the Sunnis to play nice they will start rebelling.

RocksteadyDotNet

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2008
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Indeed great news. At this rate in a few more years Iraq will be free of Al Queda AND WMD, just like it was in March of 03. Doesn't get much better than this, folks!
Gold.

quest55720

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004
Originally posted by: preslove
The reversal of Sunnis now fighting against the terrorists shows proof that the US Military has won the hearts and minds of the Iraqi people.
Um, what?

Mark my words, the Sunni Awakening is going to lead to a renewed and intensified civil war within the next few years. Once we stop paying the Sunnis to play nice they will start rebelling.
Who really cares if it makes it safer on the ground for our men and woman of the military. Who cares if it gets us 1 step closer to getting the hell out of there. I thought that was what we all wanted to get the hell out. The way things are going no matter who wins the election the troops will be coming home soon. I think we should all be very happy with that atleast I am.

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
Originally posted by: quest55720
Originally posted by: preslove
Um, what?

Who really cares if it makes it safer on the ground for our men and woman of the military. Who cares if it gets us 1 step closer to getting the hell out of there. I thought that was what we all wanted to get the hell out. The way things are going no matter who wins the election the troops will be coming home soon. I think we should all be very happy with that atleast I am.
I'm all for getting the fuck out, but only an idiot thinks that we will have achieved "victory" or won hearts and minds.

ASK THE COMMUNITY