US has lost decade of home values, looking more like Japan all the time

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Thought I'd check on Zillow the price on my first home that I bought 10+ years ago. I sold it five years later for almost 2x what I paid for it. Today, worth a little more than 2x what I paid.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
I agree they shouldn't be an investment but as mentioned a sad number of people do have much or most of their net worth in their house. And buying in the past several years chances are you've lost value.

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
The Democrats are no better at all concerning the above. Doesn't really matter which party we vote in, they are both owned by the same people and they have very successfully ensured that we will not have a viable 3rd party (which may or may not be better than the two we currently have but can't possibly be wore).

Except the Republicans pushed and passed the repeal of Glass-Steagull, not the democrats.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
We lost near a decade of home values that were fake to begin with. In my book that is called a correction.