US government sells man car full of marijuana, man gets busted, US government: "buyer beware"

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
An FBI friend essentially said the same thing when I mentioned the dirt cheap cars (BMW, Jag, Audi, MB) at the Pleasanton auto auction.

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
There is absolutely no excuse for that IMO. Buyer beware??!?! Yeah...you should expect the car you buy from the government to be filled with tons of drugs...stupid consumers.

rolleye.gif

Mean MrMustard

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2001
Come on guys, don't blame the gov't, that would be unpatriotic. And that could very soon be illegal at the rate we're going.

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
I've never bought a car from a federal drug seizure. Do they disclose "This vehicle was seized from a drug-trafficker. Although the government has performed a search on the vehicle, it is possible there may still be quantities of illicit drugs hidden in the vehicle that went undetected in the government search"? Or anything like that?

If so, then yes, the government would be entirely proper to place the onus on the buyer. Otherwise, no.

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
That's total BS. It's the god damn goverment's fault and like always, rather then admit they screwed up they blame honest people for THEIR MISTAKES or lack of effort ! Jeez no wonder we lost the "WAR ON DRUGS".

AEB

Jun 12, 2003
QUOTE:
"I put 100 percent of my trust in the American government," he says in Spanish. "I never imagined they would sell me a car loaded with drugs. "

just think thats a funny quote:

granted the police need to do better searches but what we dont need is more illegals coming over here telling us what we are doing wrong as a country. besides its not like they did it on purpose.

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
They are not illegals ! They crossed over to the U.S. to buy a car like U.S. teenagers cross-over to Mexico to party ( aka they crossed over legally and headed back home to TJ. )

AEB

Jun 12, 2003
yeah and when teenagers cross to party they are subject to anything that happens to them there, and they take a risk going over there just like mexicans who dont speak english take a risk coming over here. but im not defending the reluctancy of the US to do anything. i just thought the quote was humorus

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Makes me wonder about a car I bought at a dealer auction. What if the guy before me did drugs and hid some in the car where I wouldn't find out?

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
Originally posted by: AEB
yeah and when teenagers cross to party they are subject to anything that happens to them there, and they take a risk going over there just like mexicans who dont speak english take a risk coming over here. but im not defending the reluctancy of the US to do anything. i just thought the quote was humorus

That was not the point. You said they were illegal but they are not. You can have fun in TJ as long as you walk a straight line and don't act stupid. The cops there won't mess with you if you are not acting like a jerk. Also not to mention that they did nothing illegal to begin with in the first place.

Anyways this sort of reminds me of having my car towed and then learning that the bastards at City Tow (well at least in San Fran ) ripped out my stereo, speakers and took whatever money I had in my glove compartment along with anything else of value. Then when I ask these high-school drop-outs why my car looks like it was broken into even though I left my windows rolled up and got it towed for because of a few measly un-paid parking tickets they tell me they are not responsible for anything in your car. Yet they sure as hell are more then willing to help themselves to my radio, cash, cd's, and speakers ! If you think I am BS'ing you then you are wrong as the guys who work for City Tow in San Fran have been busted many times stealing stuff out of peoples cars who got towed and yes it still keeps on happening !

fell8

Nov 12, 2001
Could be worse. In Rio the dealer will immediately rat you out after the deal for a kickback on the shakedown.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
This item has happened before and the courts threw it out.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: LeadMagnet
can the goverment be punished for sell and trafficing of drugs?
No . . . or as the lead trafficer in the world, they would be in jail.
rolleye.gif

(doubts? . . . look up your recent history - arms trading for drugs)

FrancesBeansRevenge

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2001
Did someone say weed, maaaaan? I thought so!

Just the mere mention was enough to wake me up from my coma and add to my deliciously meagre posts per day average.

God I hate messageboards... back to the chemical reality!

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: FrancesBeansRevenge
Did someone say weed, maaaaan? I thought so!

Just the mere mention was enough to wake me up from my coma and add to my deliciously meagre posts per day average.

God I hate messageboards... back to the chemical reality!
It's all a chemical reality . . . (brain function, right?)

Some of us prefer Bud . . . light

(coff/cough)

rolleye.gif

And CAREFULLY SEARCH ANY used CAR YOU BUY . . . . I got a weed filled pipe in my last used car (from an unbelievable source I can't name . . . think "respected professional" - I even got him to admit it was his when I returned his lost stash . . . :p