US families want troops home

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
From BBC

Starting to sound like Viet Nam.

I hope we don't wait 10 years to bring 'em home.

I wonder how long the children of the policy makers will be forced to stay in Iraq?

Oh, that's right, the chickenhawks don't have any children over there. Yep, starting to sound like Viet Nam.

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
I don't remember it taking us 3 weeks to capture Vietnam. Sounds a bit more like Japan and Germany after WWII to me.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: daniel1113
I don't remember it taking us 3 weeks to capture Vietnam. Sounds a bit more like Japan and Germany after WWII to me.

No, it sounds like Vietnam. The way it started, the way it was misrepresented, and the way soldiers are getting killed by people fading back into the crowd. Yeah, we kicked Saddam out easily. This is the tough part, ruling a country we should not be.

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: BOBDN
From BBC

I wonder how long the children of the policy makers will be forced to stay in Iraq?

Oh, that's right, the chickenhawks don't have any children over there. Yep, starting to sound like Viet Nam.
Oh yeah, we are conscripting the hell out of young boys and girls nowadays too.

Ever hear of "McNamara's 100,000"? Ever hear of Reading Is Fundamental (RIF)? Now add the two programs together. Both programs were started by the same graciously liberalized husband-and-wife team of Robert and Margaret McNamara. Margaret's program survives to this day and has assisted many Americans in grasping their native language.

Comparatively speaking, Robert's program also assisted quite a large number of mentally-challenged Americans. Yes, the acceptance of certified retards into the infantry and artillery. The jury is still out as to how many of good old Robert's 100,000 were KIA in Vietnam. Or even how many innocent friendlies Robby's boys were instrumental in killing.

Yes sir, indeed a great liberal program that was. Don't even go there.

BarneyFife

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: burnedout
From BBC

Ever hear of "McNamara's 100,000"? Ever hear of Reading Is Fundamental (RIF)? Now add the two programs together. Both programs were started by the same graciously liberalized husband-and-wife team of Robert and Margaret McNamara. Margaret's program survives to this day and has assisted many Americans in grasping their native language.

Comparatively speaking, Robert's program also assisted quite a large number of mentally-challenged Americans. Yes, the acceptance of certified retards into the infantry and artillery. The jury is still out as to how many of good old Robert's 100,000 were KIA in Vietnam. Or even how many innocent friendlies Robby's boys were instrumental in killing.

What the hell are you blabbering about?

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
His point is that our military is completely voluntary, unlike in the past. No one was conscripted.

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: BarneyFife
From BBC

What the hell are you blabbering about?
Blabbering you ask? This coming from our wise and munificent CS major who wasn't even born while Vietnam was in full swing. The same CS major who just other day glorified the killing of a fellow American for the sake of his own twisted political agenda.

Do you really want to know what the hell I'm "blabbering about", Fife? OK, I'll play. How many of our brave servicemen and women over in Iraq right now were drafted? Or do you even know WTF a goddam draft is?

Well guess what? McNamara was running out of available bodies for Vietnam. After discounting the draft dodgers, affluent college deferrals and physically crippled, the pool of available young men grew mighty thin for maintaining the war in Southeast Asia. So what does he do? He implements his wife's program in one of the most diabolical acts of fraud in modern history. He orders lowering mental standards for new recruits. Yep, old McNamara put the burden of basic education on DoD. Then these retards were "trained", if one could call it that, and sent off to Vietnam.

Show me the comparisons between then and now. How many draft dodgers are we after? How many will we pardon? How many college exemptions are currently being granted? How many certified retards are being inducted as cannon fodder? Not one.

Yes, all troops wanna come home. If I were back over in Iraq right now, I would want to come home also. However, the recruiter did not put a gun to their respective heads and march them to the MEPPs.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Rumsfeld = McNamara

Bush = Johnson

Want to know why this isn't JUST like VN? Because people like me remember those days and enough of us are around to keep it from happening. Rumsfeld would gladly put troops in the meatgrinder if the thought he could get away with it to achieve the invasion of Iraq. Just like Mac, too cocky.

Bush pulled a Gulf of Tonkin, and people are patting him on the back for it.

Rogue

Banned
Jan 28, 2000
I'm personally getting sick and tired of this bull$hit. The media is latching on to a couple of loud mouth families that are screaming to high heaven about wanting their troops home. You know what? Korea is a one year tour and Iraq probably will be for some time to come. While I do think that those that did the nasty fighting, and there was plenty of it that our media will never tell you about, should come home quickly, those that didn't so the nasty fighting should stay over there as long as their mission requires or until DoD calls them home. Don't speak on matters you know nothing about asshat.

BTW, I am Army Reservist who's getting released this weekend after nearly 2 years of service after 9/11. My brother just got back from spending the last 10 out of 12 months over there in country. He just received a Bronze Star for his actions over there. His wife coped just fine through it all with a good support chain and knowledge that her husband was doing the job he volunteered for. Talk to a soldier once in a while and you'll not be so ignorant on these matters.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Hehe, this 'couple of loud mouthed families' got Rove scrambling to rotate the troops. I can see Bush deep in the White House basement screaming, "GET ME OUT OF IRAQ"

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
By the way the Army Times and Guns and Roses or whatever another Military paper is called have both gone Against the Commander in Thief. Bush is done, somebody stick him with a fork.

Crimson

Banned
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
By the way the Army Times and Guns and Roses or whatever another Military paper is called have both gone Against the Commander in Thief. Bush is done, somebody stick him with a fork.

I'm gonna love to see you whine even more once Bush is re-elected.. its gonna be interesting to see how you try to spin a 2nd Bush win as somehow illegal or tainted.

Concerning the troops, no KIDDING the families want them home.. Who DOESN'T want their family home.. but sometimes duty becomes before family.. and most families know that.. There is still work to be done in Iraq.. and if we just pulled out, you idiots would be claiming Bush didn't keep his word and follow through in Iraq.. there is no winning with you people.. If Bush hadn't gone into Iraq you would be complaining just like you did in Liberia.. "HE SHOULD GO INTO LIBERIA NOW!!!".. well, he did.. now why aren't you praising him?

Hypocrits...

Crimson

Banned
Oct 11, 1999
From BBC

Yeah this is close to Vietnam.. good example.. exact same situation.. I can' t believe I missed the connection, thanks for pointing that out and educating us all..

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
From BBC

That's a really touching story but what the hell does it have to do with the subject?

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Rogue
I'm personally getting sick and tired of this bull$hit. The media is latching on to a couple of loud mouth families that are screaming to high heaven about wanting their troops home. You know what? Korea is a one year tour and Iraq probably will be for some time to come. While I do think that those that did the nasty fighting, and there was plenty of it that our media will never tell you about, should come home quickly, those that didn't so the nasty fighting should stay over there as long as their mission requires or until DoD calls them home. Don't speak on matters you know nothing about asshat.

BTW, I am Army Reservist who's getting released this weekend after nearly 2 years of service after 9/11. My brother just got back from spending the last 10 out of 12 months over there in country. He just received a Bronze Star for his actions over there. His wife coped just fine through it all with a good support chain and knowledge that her husband was doing the job he volunteered for. Talk to a soldier once in a while and you'll not be so ignorant on these matters.

To you and crimson and burnedout and all the rest of the bush bitches on the forum - it's called "Politics and News." This is a news story from BBC. You don't all have to started squealing like stuck pigs just because it doesn't match the Bush administration's version of events.

Politics and News.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001

To you and crimson and burnedout and all the rest of the bush bitches on the forum - it's called "Politics and News." This is a news story from BBC. You don't all have to started squealing like stuck pigs just because it doesn't match the Bush administration's version of events.

Politics and News.

You're the b!tch. Somebody has a counterpoint to a story based on experieince and facts (Rogue) and suddenly they're "Bush bitches"? What's the matter, can't handle it when someone calls bullsh!t on another one of your pathetic little threads?

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Ultra Quiet

Politics and News.

You're the b!tch. Somebody has a counterpoint to a story based on experieince and facts (Rogue) and suddenly they're "Bush bitches"? What's the matter, can't handle it when someone calls bullsh!t on another one of your pathetic little threads?

If I'm a Bush-basher you're a Bush-bitch.

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999

Politics and News.
Uh, excuse the hell outta me, oh great Pravda munchkin. If you were more objective with your propaganda, then I wouldn't give a rat's ass. But oh no, BOBDN, the good old subjective ne'er-do-well liberal of Politics and News, must constantly distort factual events without equal representation.

If you had in fact even been in the military, you would know that servicemembers wanna go home from anywhere they may be deployed. Oh! What was that I just heard in the background? The sniveling of a conscientious objector? The rants of an extremist?

Finally, you communist, I voted for Gore. The reason I criticize you and your blithering idiocy so harshly is because of the lack of objectivity.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: Ultra Quiet

Politics and News.

Whaty about the Army Times and that other paper too. I just heard there was bad news there, I don't got no links and I'm too pressed for time to look.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Check out this link.

This just keeps getting worse! How will the Bush-bitches defend their supreme leader on this one?

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
How will the Bush-bitches defend this?

From the Army Times:

"DoD: Cut danger pay, family-separation cash
As Congress weighs making temporary combat-pay hikes permanent, a Pentagon budget assessment sent to Capitol Hill in July says the increases will cost at least $533 million through Sept. 30"

Seems Congress is considering making the pay permanent. Who could be behind rescinding it?

Bush-bitches? Any idea?

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Zebo
Bush-bitches

Bwahahaha:D

The Bush-bitches seem to have abandoned this thread. There are things even they cannot support. So they remain true to their supreme leader in silence.....Bush-bitches to the end.