US Embassy in Pakistan under attack

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-19660294

I'd still like to see what evidence there is to suggest that this is happening all because of a youtube video. If a 15 minute video will provoke this kind of unrest, one would think my avatar had motivated Nidal Malik Hasan.

If a group was capable of coordinating multiple riots and attacks across multiple nations and multiple sects of Islam over the course of a couple weeks, then we'd have already seen another large 9/11 style attack on U.S. soil.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
If a group was capable of coordinating multiple riots and attacks across multiple nations and multiple sects of Islam over the course of a couple weeks, then we'd have already seen another large 9/11 style attack on U.S. soil.

I don't think they were centrally coordinated. Possibly the first one or two of them were, then the rest were like, "oh hell yes" and started their own.

But I have a hard time believing a youtube video was the catalyst.

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006

Israel knows they can't directly attack US soil again. After 9/11 people woke up to their tricks.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
I think the only way to curb this behavior in the middle east is to grow a fresh set of balls in the west and USA in particular and remind these people just how superior our armaments are, and just how destructive we can be.

I'm talking breath taking destruction and loss of life.

Anyone who feels human life has the same value at 7 billion world population that it did when our species dropped to a few thousand in the distant past, or as compared to 100 years ago... is being silly. The more common something is, the less value it has. Human life is no different. And not all human life is equal. Human lives which are IRRETRIEVABLY in the grasp of barbarian bronze age civilization-ending ideas, mean next to nothing to me.

Put the fear of Allah into them.

Feb 6, 2007
On the plus side, when we start lobbing nukes back and forth and completely destroy all human life on the planet, we won't have to listen to the constant drone of stupid fucking bullshit that seems to come from everyone on Earth simultaneously. Seriously, doesn't reading the news these days just make you realize that there is not a single person on Earth who isn't irreversably full of shit? It's maddening. Waaah, someone made a movie I don't like. Waaah, Romney doesn't care about poor people. Waaah, Obama hates our flag. The expansion of communication and the transformation of our world into a global society have only served to point out that everyone in the world is a fucking imbecile.

Maybe I'm just being cynical.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
On the plus side, when we start lobbing nukes back and forth and completely destroy all human life on the planet, we won't have to listen to the constant drone of stupid fucking bullshit that seems to come from everyone on Earth simultaneously. Seriously, doesn't reading the news these days just make you realize that there is not a single person on Earth who isn't irreversably full of shit? It's maddening. Waaah, someone made a movie I don't like. Waaah, Romney doesn't care about poor people. Waaah, Obama hates our flag. The expansion of communication and the transformation of our world into a global society have only served to point out that everyone in the world is a fucking imbecile.

Not everyone, just 95% or so.

But the intelligent, educated, civilized people don't breed at anywhere near the rate that the violent, barbarian imbeciles do.

So, civilization is doomed unless eugenics and wholesale slaughter come into fashion again, and fast.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Not everyone, just 95% or so.

But the intelligent, educated, civilized people don't breed at anywhere near the rate that the violent, barbarian imbeciles do.

So, civilization is doomed unless eugenics and wholesale slaughter come into fashion again, and fast.

Or you suffer from some sort of social disorder like the Dunning–Kruger effect or just a good old fashion sociopath

airdata

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2010
I wanna know how this is such a big deal all of a sudden and how all of these guys seem so well organized across multiple countries.

Draw mohammad day didn't get anybody killed.

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
Hopefully Green Bean can take a break from rioting and burning things to give us a first person account. :awe:

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Haha...only an ambassador and 3-4 other people with him. But I am sure that is within your range of tolerance for dead Westerners.

Still won't read the wiki link eh....
ok

Can you at least link me to something official that has tied the terrorist attack on the ambassador with this movie.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007

images

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
ok

Can you at least link me to something official that has tied the terrorist attack on the ambassador with this movie.

The "movie" that none of these idiots have seen was the catalyst that was used by Jihadis to start a general wave of uproar against the west.

WTF does that have to do with anything?

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
ok

I'm pretty sure Obama did this already in the Letterman interview.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
I think the only way to curb this behavior in the middle east is to grow a fresh set of balls in the west and USA in particular and remind these people just how superior our armaments are, and just how destructive we can be.

I'm talking breath taking destruction and loss of life.

Anyone who feels human life has the same value at 7 billion world population that it did when our species dropped to a few thousand in the distant past, or as compared to 100 years ago... is being silly. The more common something is, the less value it has. Human life is no different. And not all human life is equal. Human lives which are IRRETRIEVABLY in the grasp of barbarian bronze age civilization-ending ideas, mean next to nothing to me.

Put the fear of Allah into them.

The problem is, as long as we're mired in the fiasco that is Afghanistan, tens of thousands of Americans are within striking distance of Pakistan's nuclear arsenal.

We need to leave this entire area, and let them live with the consequences of their lifestyles.

Apr 27, 2012
The problem is, as long as we're mired in the fiasco that is Afghanistan, tens of thousands of Americans are within striking distance of Pakistan's nuclear arsenal.

We need to leave this entire area, and let them live with the consequences of their lifestyles.

Well said, these people have no respect for freedom and will not adopt our views, let them suffer among themselves

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
-snip-

I'd still like to see what evidence there is to suggest that this is happening all because of a youtube video. If a 15 minute video will provoke this kind of unrest, one would think my avatar had motivated Nidal Malik Hasan.

Recent intel info pretty much puts an end to whole video BS.

It sounds like it's more about the Blind Shiekh. AQ wants him released.

Anybody want to bet the Obama admin, assuming still in office, releases him on 'humanitarian grounds' during his term?

Fern

Apr 27, 2012
Recent intel info pretty much puts an end to whole video BS.

It sounds like it's more about the Blind Shiekh. AQ wants him released.

Anybody want to bet the Obama admin, assuming still in office, releases him on 'humanitarian grounds' during his term?

Fern

obama would love to do that, no problem to release a Muslim but its the end of the world if someone else is released

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
ok

If I understand you correctly, you're saying that no one has claimed the Benghazi attack was caused by the film trailer.

The Obama admin trotted out UN Ambassador on a bunch of Sunday news shows to made exactly that claim.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...rice-benghazi-attack-began-spontaneously?lite

The attack that killed four Americans at the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, apparently began as a spontaneous protest against an anti-Islam film before turning violent, Susan Rice, U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, said Sunday.

Fern