US doing great job in Afghanistan

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
A little taste of what's to come in Iraq.

In Afghanistan, chaos continues to reign

"The big mistake is from the Americans. They want to bring peace to Afghanistan with thieves and killers. The Americans after two years have learned nothing," said Abdul Raouf, a car dealer in the eastern city of Jalalabad. "Every day the situation is worse."

"Everybody says warlords, but who are these warlords? They are commanders, they are government ministers," said Raouf. "We didn't like the Taliban but there was security then, there were laws. But now anyone with a gun is the law."

LilBlinbBlahIce

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2001
We have a nack for making friends with people who later come back and bite us in the ass... Saddam, the Mujahiddin...

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: LilBlinbBlahIce
We have a nack for making friends with people who later come back and bite us in the ass... Saddam, the Mujahiddin...

"No good tree bears bad fruit, nor again does a bad tree bear good fruit"

Our leaders speak of freedom as they create chaos.

All the while protecting the interests of a very few.

Sad.

Sadder still they do these things in our name.

Jan 12, 2003
Originally posted by: BOBDN

These morons all believe if you aren't stupid enough to have to join up to make a living you aren't a "real" American.

Their only real asset is the ease with which they're brainwashed. Makes them all perfect candidates to become grunts.

They need the "structure" of military life. They need someone to tell them how exactly to do everything. They don't possess the mental faculties to figure it out on their own.

Now that their brainwashing is complete they think they've made some "contribution."

The only contribution made was us contributing our tax dollars to keep these dullards employed until they could be taught how to march in a straight line.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: xxxxxJohnGaltxxxxx

These morons all believe if you aren't stupid enough to have to join up to make a living you aren't a "real" American.

Their only real asset is the ease with which they're brainwashed. Makes them all perfect candidates to become grunts.

They need the "structure" of military life. They need someone to tell them how exactly to do everything. They don't possess the mental faculties to figure it out on their own.

Now that their brainwashing is complete they think they've made some "contribution."

The only contribution made was us contributing our tax dollars to keep these dullards employed until they could be taught how to march in a straight line.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
It's part of Bush's "Fight everyone but Al-Qaeda" strategy. I guess he is content in letting the real killers of 9/11 hide in Afghanistan's mountains while we are chasing invisible WMD's in Iraq.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: xxxxxJohnGaltxxxxx

Just what the hell does that have to do with the subject?

What's wrong galt? Can't defend your leader and his screw ups in Afghanistan and Iraq? Everything people warned him would happen if he invaded Iraq is happening and you can't make any more excuses?

Please pardon galt. The above quote is in reference to the moron who re-posted it here.

galt must have something to do with the US effort in Afghanistan thus his interest in this thread.

Besides, they'd need someone of his caliber and lack of ability to screw things up this badly.

galt told me the military paid for his doctorate. He's not bright enough to realize WE paid for it. But I think he's making the whole thing up.

galt, do you actually expect anyone to believe you hold a doctorate? What is it? Doctor of military fvck up? PhD in how to get a free education and call it a contribution to society?

I know what you're saying; I know what you're saying ...

"Who is John Galt?"

No, moron. That's not what I'm saying. Here's what I'm saying:

Who gives a fvck?

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
What alternative do you propose BOBDN? Maybe if you did some reading on the amount of opium is farmed and along with other drugs you'd know why its pretty damned difficult. A Afgan recuited by the US (or colliation(sp) is payed ALOT less than the guy who works for the drug lords.

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
You have to crawl before you can walk. We can't be held responsible if people there can't run a gov't.

Also: So what you are saying is that we should let terrorists get away with killing Americans because these terrorists are dictators in other countries and it upsets the locals there that they have no leader anymore?

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: XZeroII
You have to crawl before you can walk. We can't be held responsible if people there can't run a gov't.

Also: So what you are saying is that we should let terrorists get away with killing Americans because these terrorists are dictators in other countries and it upsets the locals there that they have no leader anymore?

If we cannot provide for some security and crush the lawlessness, the Afghanis will want to return the last government that did, which was the Taliban. People will preffer brutal order over a complete anarchy and lawlessness. After you get robbed a few times, a handchopping for thiefs won't look too bad. So it's important for us to show that what we are selling to the Afghanis is better than what Taliban was selling. Are we going to risk having a failed Afghani state as we did in the 80's?

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
Originally posted by: SuperTool

If we cannot provide for some security and crush the lawlessness, the Afghanis will want to return the last government that did, which was the Taliban. People will preffer brutal order over a complete anarchy and lawlessness. After you get robbed a few times, a handchopping for thiefs won't look too bad. So it's important for us to show that what we are selling to the Afghanis is better than what Taliban was selling. Are we going to risk having a failed Afghani state as we did in the 80's?

Their is a difference between brutal order and lawlessness?

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999

Lots of progress being made, even outside of kabul....

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: charrison

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The United States Agency for International Development?

The fox guarding the chickens. Why not just ask Bush how things are going?

I'll get my info from legitimate news sources, thanks.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999

And those sources are?

syzygy

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2001

nice link.

i googled and within a few seconds the following link popped up. although not nearly as informative as the one you provided,
it does tell us about important humanitarian successes that the u.s./coaliton intervention made possible.

reliefweb: humanitarian success stories in afghanistan

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: syzygy

nice link.

i googled and within a few seconds the following link. although not nearly as informative as the one you provided, it does
tell us about important humanitarian successes that the u.s./coaliton intervention made possible.

reliefweb: humanitarian success stories in afghanistan

It is not hard to back up the claims made by US aid, however bob will discredit because it carries good news.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000

i'd like to point out that any info you have is hearsay, and the truth of it cannot be verfied. it goes both ways, of course.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: ElFenix

i'd like to point out that any info you have is hearsay, and the truth of it cannot be verfied. it goes both ways, of course.

The $87 BILLION Bush is asking for isn't hearsay, is it?

And how much of it is goint to Afghanistan?

Sounds like things are going REAL well, huh?

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999

I think around 15 billion.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001

And those sources are?

No answer. How surprising. I guess the electronic version of the NJ Birdcage Liner/Fish Wrapper hasn't posted an article critical of the progress made in Afghanistan yet. When it does I'm sure it will be posted, pronto.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000

like i said, you really can't evaluate the truth of what you hear because you can't experience what the truth is yourself. thus, its hearsay.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Ultra Quiet

And those sources are?

No answer. How surprising. I guess the electronic version of the NJ Birdcage Liner/Fish Wrapper hasn't posted an article critical of the progress made in Afghanistan yet. When it does I'm sure it will be posted, pronto.

UQ.....been on vacation?

I was reading. I hope you don't mind. You should try it sometime. It might give you a more balanced view. Although myopia seems somehow your choice.

My sources?

Foreign Affairs

Council on Foreign Relations

The New York Times

BBC

Al Jazeerah

Fox News

NPR

The Center for Public Integrity

CNN

Tom Paine

The Washington Post

Detroit Free Press

LA Times

Interest.com Top 100 Newspapers

Top 100 Daily Newspapers in the United States

Top 100 Global Newspapers

I have many more in my favorites.

Why don't you start with those. I wouldn't want to overwhelm you since you just got back.

I can also provide you with broadcast media sources since the Bush administration seems to be losing their bid to consolidate them among a few of their wealthy friends.

:D