US DEA in Honduras: Massacre Civilians, Blame Hondurans, Stonewall Investigations, Never Apologize

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Again, why is only UK paper is investigating this? Why isn't Fox News in Honduras reporting on this kind of stuff? Send some of their leg-crossers there to do real work.

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
I think the DEA is a very interesting "law enforcement agency".... especially in the last 20 years. Over that period of time it has become very apparent that the ills of society are not caused by drugs and that heavy handed enforcement policies are less effective than general harm reduction policies. At the same time it has become increasingly clear that the militarized law enforcement in north america in response to the "drug epidemic" has been extremely harmful to public health.

This has resulted in an agency that is basically set up to be completely against public health (and moral) interests. There is probably not a single decent, moral person working at the DEA today by the mere virtue that the agency itself is completely counter productive to its own stated goals. This has resulted in an agency that has continually been in the news (for decades) for soliciting prostitution, murder, drug smuggling and other offenses. They are criminals, state sponsored criminals.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
What different spin? They basically reported what I stated in the title of the thread minus the "massacre civilians" part, which is subjective anyway. Authoritarians like yourself will naturally assume the DEA were telling the truth that they believed these pregnant women and children were deadly cartel members armed to the teeth. As somebody who actually knows something about the DEA, I can very easily assume they were well aware the people they were shooting at could be innocent civilians.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
Again, why is only UK paper is investigating this? Why isn't Fox News in Honduras reporting on this kind of stuff? Send some of their leg-crossers there to do real work.

Less and less actual investigative reporting here in america it seems.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
What different spin? They basically reported what I stated in the title of the thread minus the "massacre civilians" part, which is subjective anyway. Authoritarians like yourself will naturally assume the DEA were telling the truth that they believed these pregnant women and children were deadly cartel members armed to the teeth. As somebody who actually knows something about the DEA, I can very easily assume they were well aware the people they were shooting at could be innocent civilians.

Authoritarians like myself? What part of "trigger happy cowboys" gave you that impression?

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
American forces operating in a foreign country killed 4 people because of "things and stuff"
American forces operating in a foreign country killed 105+ people because of "things and stuff"
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-40051640
American forces operating in a foreign country killed 35 people because of "things and stuff"
http://www.chicagotribune.com/g00/n...ry.html?i10c.referrer=https://www.google.com/

The United States kills lot of civilians across the globe. Does it matter what agency is involved?
Slap a "War on 'X''" on the press release and go back to applying the formula of acceptable dead foreigners.