US considers declaring Iranian Revolutionary Guard

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Socio

Golden Member
May 19, 2002
Originally posted by: Fern
Originally posted by: Socio
-snip-

I know the US military are way to stretched, and if we do pull out of Iraq then the least we could do is smack the sh*t out of Iran as a parting gift to Iraq via a butt load of bombs, rockets and missiles.

That made me LOL for some reason.

I wonder what ramifications of this decision are? I mean precisely what are we gonna do now that we have bestowed this *honor* upon Iran.

Are Revolutionary Guards presently running around unfettered in Iraq? That would really surprise me.

Fern

Yes,

Iranians Were Part of Elite Force

BRUSSELS, Belgium -- Two Iranians detained by U.S. forces in Iraq were senior members of Iran's elite Revolutionary Guards and had coordinated attacks against coalition troops and Iraqi civilians, the head of an Iranian opposition group said Thursday.

The White House said earlier this week that U.S. troops had caught a group of Iranians in a raid on suspected insurgents in Iraq. Two of the men had diplomatic immunity and were released them to Iran, but the other two were kept in custody.

Iranian forces crossed Iraqi border

Iranian Revolutionary Guard forces have been spotted by British troops crossing the border into southern Iraq, The Sun tabloid reported on Tuesday.

"We have hard proof that the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps have crossed the border to attack us. It is very hard for us to strike back. All we can do is try to defend ourselves. We are badly on the back foot."

Iranian Revolutionary Guards suicide unit?s incursion of S. Iraq is another step in undeclared war

Early this week, Tehran deployed in southern Iraq and southern Iran contingents of Revolutionary Guards Corps of suicide fighters in anticipation of an American attack on Iranian soil.

Coalition Forces Capture Three Suspected Terrorists with Ties to IRGC-QF

BAGHDAD, Iraq ? Coalition Forces captured what are believed to be terrorists with ties to the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Corps-Qods Force (IRGC-QF) from Iran in a raid Tuesday

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
-snip-

I know the US military are way to stretched, and if we do pull out of Iraq then the least we could do is smack the sh*t out of Iran as a parting gift to Iraq via a butt load of bombs, rockets and missiles.

I wonder what ramifications of this decision are? I mean precisely what are we gonna do now that we have bestowed this *honor* upon Iran.

Are Revolutionary Guards presently running around unfettered in Iraq? That would really surprise me.

Fern

Yes,

BRUSSELS, Belgium -- Two Iranians detained by U.S. forces in Iraq were senior members of Iran's elite Revolutionary Guards and had coordinated attacks against coalition troops and Iraqi civilians, the head of an Iranian opposition group said Thursday.

The White House said earlier this week that U.S. troops had caught a group of Iranians in a raid on suspected insurgents in Iraq. Two of the men had diplomatic immunity and were released them to Iran, but the other two were kept in custody.

Iranian Revolutionary Guard forces have been spotted by British troops crossing the border into southern Iraq, The Sun tabloid reported on Tuesday.

"We have hard proof that the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps have crossed the border to attack us. It is very hard for us to strike back. All we can do is try to defend ourselves. We are badly on the back foot."

Iranian Revolutionary Guards suicide unit?s incursion of S. Iraq is another step in undeclared war

Early this week, Tehran deployed in southern Iraq and southern Iran contingents of Revolutionary Guards Corps of suicide fighters in anticipation of an American attack on Iranian soil.

BAGHDAD, Iraq ? Coalition Forces captured what are believed to be terrorists with ties to the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Corps-Qods Force (IRGC-QF) from Iran in a raid Tuesday

I don't think you get it. I can only presume that your real name is Dick Cheney and you are reaching us from your secret undisclosed location in the bowels of the Pentagon banging the Fear Drum.

From the first article:

In Baghdad, a spokesman for Iraqi President Jalal Talabani said Monday that the two detained Iranians were in the country at his invitation.

The second article is based upon an article written in the S U N

An unidentified intelligence source told the tabloid: "It is an extremely alarming development and raises the stakes considerably. In effect, it means we are in a full on war with Iran -- but nobody has officially declared it."

Bang the drum! Bang the drum! Bang the drum!

The third article is from DEBKAfile. For a taste of their FUD check out this pearl of wisdom from their brain trust.

And finally, you submit a military site. And of course we know that our friends in the military would never mislead us - RMFAO!

Dr. Paul Joseph Goebbels would be so proud . . .

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Lat night the talking heads on TV (Chris Matthews & Hardball IIRC) seemed in agreement that this is more an economic thing. That it will affect international banking & other companies doing business with them.

Fern

Socio

Golden Member
May 19, 2002
Originally posted by: heyheybooboo
-snip-

Fern

Yes,

I don't think you get it. I can only presume that your real name is Dick Cheney and you are reaching us from your secret undisclosed location in the bowels of the Pentagon banging the Fear Drum.

From the first article:

In Baghdad, a spokesman for Iraqi President Jalal Talabani said Monday that the two detained Iranians were in the country at his invitation.

The second article is based upon an article written in the S U N

An unidentified intelligence source told the tabloid: "It is an extremely alarming development and raises the stakes considerably. In effect, it means we are in a full on war with Iran -- but nobody has officially declared it."

Bang the drum! Bang the drum! Bang the drum!

The third article is from DEBKAfile. For a taste of their FUD check out this pearl of wisdom from their brain trust.

And finally, you submit a military site. And of course we know that our friends in the military would never mislead us - RMFAO!

Dr. Paul Joseph Goebbels would be so proud . . .

Here is more reasons to bomb the living hell out of Iran I guess you will dismiss these as well, RMFAO at them, all while patting Iran on the back for out and out murder of Americans and innocent Iraqi's including women and childeren right?

Captured Video Shows Iraqi Insurgents Firing Sophisticated Iranian-Made Rockets at U.S. Positions

Dramatic video produced by Iraqi insurgents and captured in a raid earlier this week by U.S. troops clearly shows a battery of sophisticated Iranian-made rocket launchers firing on American positions east of Baghdad,

Explosives from Iran weakening security in Iraq

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- An increasing number of attacks using an Iranian-based explosive is undermining security in Iraq, a senior U.S. military commander said Wednesday.

Iranian millions funding insurgency

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- A Shiite Muslim militia involved in the warfare between Sunni and Shiites in Iraq has received "millions of dollars" and an assortment of weaponry from Iran

Government Behind Shipping Weapons to Iraq

WASHINGTON, Sept. 28, 2006 ? The Iranian government is behind shipping components used to make improvised explosive devices to Iraqi insurgents, a senior intelligence official in Iraq said yesterday.

Labels on weapons stocks seized inside and outside Iraq point to Iranian government complicity in arming Shiite militias in Iraq,

Iran Caught Red-Handed Shipping Arms to Taliban

NATO officials say they have caught Iran red-handed, shipping heavy arms, C4 explosives and advanced roadside bombs to the Taliban for use against NATO forces, in what the officials say is a dramatic escalation of Iran's proxy war against the United States and Great Britain.

EXCLUSIVE: Iraq Weapons Made in Iran

U.S. military and intelligence officials tell ABC News that they have caught shipments of deadly new bombs at the Iran-Iraq border.

Iran supplying the enemy we are at war with weapons as good as pulling the trigger on US soldiers, and Iraq innocents themselves. Iran?s government, Red Guard and the rest who support it are filthy murdering scum and need to pay with their lives period!

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Look at all that work you did to prove nothing.

Finding Iranian weapons inside Iraq means nothing. Syria has stockpiles of such weapons. In fact many nations have stockpiles of these weapons.

Iran does not help the Taliban. Iran was against the Taliban from the start and declared war against them before the U.S did. Smugglers sending weapons to Afghanistan from Iran means squat When Iranian soldiers are dying on a daily basis fighting drug smugglers on the border of Iran-Afghanistan.

The Iranians arrested before the Iranians detained the British sailors were told to let go. Condi Rice said "they are of no use to us anymore"... meaning they were not doing anything

You failed to show a direct link proving the Iranian govt. is behind anything.
If you were ever to be arrested for murder, I hope the people on the jury do not think like you otherwise you are going to be best friends with Bubba for a long time.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Socio, in case you haven't noticed, the US' intelligence gathering, well, sucks badly. In fact, it's one of the reasons the US is in this mess. That, and the obvious eagerness of people like you to get into war. It's a lot easier to say "so and so helped the bad guy so they're the enemy" in a book on a tv show. In reality, if the US did that (which it would [actually worse, will attack even when a country hasn't helped the enemy], but current Bush has already exploited too much of his capital on the Iraq war), it ends up in a war started over dubious reasons and more to the point another nation bum-f**ked, the rest of the world hating the US even more, gas prices costing a mortgage to fill up the tank and for what, to obliquely punish some devious brance of Iranian government that may not even represent the will of the general populous? Don't be ridiculous, have you learned nothing from the last four years? It's time to send out people with communication skills not shooting ones. Have you learned nothing? Your post reads a lot like the email I bet Powell got before his silly speach about yellow cake. A whole bunch of nothing. Until Iran sends a division in that starts pounding US forces, there's no reason at all in the world to attack them.

Blain

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
These groups may be next to be declared "terrorist organization"
* The country of Venezuela
* People For the American Way
* The Alaska Wilderness Leauge
* North Korea & Cuba
* Al & Tipper Gore
* Harry Whittington
* SCHLUMBERGER LTD.
* Bangladesh

Socio

Golden Member
May 19, 2002
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Socio, in case you haven't noticed, the US' intelligence gathering, well, sucks badly.

They made a mistake of saying WMD's would be found in Iraq and they were not their and has not been proven they were not there and moved elsewhere prior to our arrival i.e. Syria.

To use this one event as a logical excuse to just dismiss everything our intelligence tells us, to deem it all an automatic lie is asinine, ludicrous, and illogical, it amounts to nothing more than just blatant denial of all facts for the desire of US death and destruction.

People who believe like this are no different than the terrorists themselves; the only difference is they murder innocents with unfounded premise instead of with a bomb strapped to their back.

If you actually think for one second Iran has been sitting idly by while this war with Iraq and the war in Afghanistan has been raging you need to move to Iran with the rest of the religious lunatics or get yourself committed because your insane.

Here is more;

U.S. Forces Fighting Iranians In Iraq

U.S. officials tell CBS News that American forces have begun an aggressive and mostly secret ground campaign against networks of Iranians that had been operating with virtual impunity inside Iraq.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
They made a mistake of saying WMD's would be found in Iraq and they were not their and has not been proven they were not there and moved elsewhere prior to our arrival i.e. Syria.
Since WMD was a major--the major--reason behind the Iraq war, yeah I'd say that's a big deal. And there's no proof large shipments moved to Syria. The reality is Saddam's WMD program was basically dead. Just admit it, it will make you feel better to get this weight off your chest.
People who believe like this are no different than the terrorists themselves; the only difference is they murder innocents with unfounded premise instead of with a bomb strapped to their back.
Yeah, I'm just as bad as the terrorists for advising against the invasion of Iran. :p
If you actually think for one second Iran has been sitting idly by while this war with Iraq and the war in Afghanistan has been raging you need to move to Iran with the rest of the religious lunatics or get yourself committed because your insane.
I don't think they've been sitting idle. I said there's not enough reason to invade/attack them.

I can't see the gain from a war with Iran. It's not there.

Blain

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
The U.S. didn't invade Iraq in 1988 when Saddam used sarin and mustard gas to murder 100k Kurds.

It's not like we were in the dark as to Saddam's possession and willingness to use WMD. :roll:

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Socio, in case you haven't noticed, the US' intelligence gathering, well, sucks badly.

To use this one event as a logical excuse to just dismiss everything our intelligence tells us, to deem it all an automatic lie is asinine, ludicrous, and illogical, it amounts to nothing more than just blatant denial of all facts for the desire of US death and destruction.

Here is more;

U.S. Forces Fighting Iranians In Iraq

U.S. officials tell CBS News that American forces have begun an aggressive and mostly secret ground campaign against networks of Iranians that had been operating with virtual impunity inside Iraq.

Iranian officials say there are U.S special forces inside Iran too.

What does the Iranian govt and the U.S govt have in common? They both spit out propaganda B.S and people actually believe them because they trust their govt.

The key word in the article you posted is "secret". Nobody knows about it. No evidence about it, but the U.S says it is there. The only piece of evidence you have to go by is the word of the U.S govt.

That article proves nothing. Until you post an article that shows clear evidence that the U.S has caught the Iranian govt red-handed supplying weapons to terrorists, you shouldn't post at all.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Originally posted by: Blain
The U.S. didn't invade Iraq in 1988 when Saddam used sarin and mustard gas to murder 100k Kurds.

It's not like we were in the dark as to Saddam's possession and willingness to use WMD. :roll:

you mean the WMD the U.S let Iraq have by taking them off the list of nations that support terrorists only to add them back on it once they received the weapons?
The same weapons the U.S gave Iraq to kill tens of thousands of Iranians fighting to protect their nation?

Blain

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
You make it sound like we'd sleep with the devil if it was expedient for us at the time. :p

TheNewbie

Jul 17, 2007
Originally posted by: Aimster
Originally posted by: azazyel
The Bush administration has chosen to move against the Revolutionary Guard Corps because of what U.S. officials have described as its growing involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan as well as its support for extremists throughout the Middle East, the sources said. The decision follows congressional pressure on the administration to toughen its stance against Tehran, as well as U.S. frustration with the ineffectiveness of U.N. resolutions against Iran's nuclear program, officials said.

Looks like Iran just got moved a lot closer to getting their butts spanked!

I believe Iran deserves it for all the trouble they have been deliberately causing, murdering out soldiers with out repercussions etc... and it would give Iraq a fighting chance to establish it self before Iran can do it for them as Iran would be to busy fixing themselves.

Iran must have the best trained special forces.
They murder our troops and supply the enemy with weapons and never get caught.

If they are this good according to you and Bush people, how are they going to get their butts spanked? We can't catch them in the act.

We don't need to catch them in the act, we can punish them for what we know they do. We don't have to play their stupid little cat & mouse games.
I just think that Iran is being lead by a retard right to its doom. You can argue with that, but that's the way it seems to me.