US Capitol on Lock Down - Knife Wielding Suspect Dead - Rammed Police

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Time to add "Nation of Islam" to our all American 2021 Bingo card!
MSNBC was right on top of it. Called them a black supremist organization. Don't think I've heard of them referred to that way in the press before.
Oh, and it was a black reporter.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Sadly, the man does appear to have some mental issues.

"Noah Green said said he believed the federal government was targeting him with 'mind control.'''

“I have suffered multiple home break ins, food poisonings, assaults, unauthorized operations in the hospital, mind control.”

Nov 8, 2012

"Noah Green said said he believed the federal government was targeting him with 'mind control.'''

“I have suffered multiple home break ins, food poisonings, assaults, unauthorized operations in the hospital, mind control.”

Here - I'll translate your post for you:

The perpetrator is black - thus it's because he had mental issues.

If he was white - he was a FUCKING DUMBASS QANON republitard confederate flag idiot.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Was it an assault knife? Did it have a magazine or a clip? Did the criminal get a chance for multiple reloads? Thank God alleged President Biden is putting a stop to all mass murder weapons of war.
Kill any immigrants lately, shitbag?

This is your fourth time. Infracted.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Pohemi

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001

If he was white - he was a FUCKING DUMBASS QANON republitard confederate flag idiot.

Your thoughts. Your words. Not mine. Complete translation failure.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Was it an assault knife? Did it have a magazine or a clip? Did the criminal get a chance for multiple reloads? Thank God alleged President Biden is putting a stop to all mass murder weapons of war.

Amazing how fast you became beyond boring.

How about you tell us how many election lawsuits were tossed away for having no validity before saying "alleged" President Biden? Won't even hold the birtherism or grenade tossing against you.

Not a convenient ask for a shit troll, I know.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pohemi

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999

You said the same thing for both. Dumdass Qanons have mental issues.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

Not really. It's often 'mental issues' in either case. As it also often is with Islamists. Pretty sure I remember thinking much the same about at least a few of the Capitol Insurrectionists that details were given about.

"Mental issues" don't take form in a vacuum, anyway. They are formed in a social and political context. Even if there's a biological pathology underlying it, the form it takes is going to depend on the social context. My constant gripe with psychologists is that they individualise things that are in substantial part social and idealise things that could just as well be viewed as material (i.e. they seem to imagine that everything is determined by the ideas in individual's heads). The US seems particularly fond of psychologising, presumably because the culture is so individualist.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

“I have suffered multiple home break ins, food poisonings, assaults, unauthorized operations in the hospital, mind control.

Oh come on, now there's a decent chance that he's at least 2 for 5, on those, right? I mean, at least. Right?

I'd take those odds!

7G3zITG.png

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I firmly believe a terrorist can have mental issues. This need not be a case of either or.
As for ascribing greater meaning and blame beyond the hate of a single person....
Does the associated group promote his sort of action(s)?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I firmly believe a terrorist can have mental issues. This need not be a case of either or.
As for ascribing greater meaning and blame beyond the hate of a single person....
Does the associated group promote his sort of action(s)?

Uh, Nation of Islam? eh.....pretty much? basically? There was a reform movement at one point--that's what Malcolm X actually created--the non-militant, break-away "reform Nation," or whatever he was calling it. He was assassinated for it.

But ever sense then, it's been from the founders to Farrakhan to now (I don't recall)--basically the same line of power and thought that's in charge of it. So yeah, still pretty militant, I do believe. They do have home meetings similar to the JWs and such (women and men can never meet together for prayer/service sessions. strictly forbidden), same type of "Watchtower" literature and general lifestyle and nutritional restrictions. Eh, last bit I don't think is the weirdest bit out there, but you never have these kind of insular communities without it.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Uh, Nation of Islam? eh.....pretty much? basically? There was a reform movement at one point--that's what Malcolm X actually created--the non-militant, break-away "reform Nation," or whatever he was calling it. He was assassinated for it.

But ever sense then, it's been from the founders to Farrakhan to now (I don't recall)--basically the same line of power and thought that's in charge of it. So yeah, still pretty militant, I do believe. They do have home meetings similar to the JWs and such (women and men can never meet together for prayer/service sessions. strictly forbidden), same type of "Watchtower" literature and general lifestyle and nutritional restrictions. Eh, last bit I don't think is the weirdest bit out there, but you never have these kind of insular communities without it.

My impression is the NOI was always a very conservative group, notably very risk-averse, and I presume it still is. They certainly aren't likely to 'promote' wild terror attacks on the US government - I don't think they've ever done anything remotely close to that, their leadership would be far too nervous that it would provoke the US state into cracking down on them (and thus upset their financial and business arrangements). If anything Malcom X's break from them was because he was _more_ militant, more inclined to radical statements (and, by implication, actions?) to try and promote radical change, and less worried about building and preserving a kind of business/religous 'empire'.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

Yes, because one isolated black guy, in an incident selected by the media because it was near the Capitol, is solid proof that liberals are worse than thousands of armed MAGAs storming the Capitol to overturn an election they lost.

Yep. You really owned the libs this time.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

You have it wrong. White guy mass shooters are always mentally ill. At least get your memes correct.

BTW - , Assuming he was a fan of the Nation of Islam I don't recall Farrakhan ever calling for his people to overthrow a legally elected government followed by killing and kidnapping officials.

Trump's white nationalist goons wanted to kill Mike Pence and halt the peaceful transfer of power based on Trump encouraging them to storm the capital. They said so

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Yes, because one isolated black guy, in an incident selected by the media because it was near the Capitol, is solid proof that liberals are worse than thousands of armed MAGAs storming the Capitol to overturn an election they lost.

Yep. You really owned the libs this time.
One black guy vs hundreds of white guys. Only in the minds of racists is this in any equitable

Jul 9, 2009
Amazing how fast you became beyond boring.

How about you tells us how many election lawsuits were tossed away for having no validity befpre saying "alleged" President Biden? Won't even hold the birtherism or grenade tossing aganist you.

Not a convenient ask for a shit troll, I know.
It's just a word that seems to get the lefties panties in a bunch. Years of "he's not muh President" muttered by Democrats and lefties was fine, but "alleged President" makes you folks shit yourselves.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
It's just a word that seems to get the lefties panties in a bunch. Years of "he's not muh President" muttered by Democrats and lefties was fine, but "alleged President" makes you folks shit yourselves.
Any President who denigrates people like me isn't my President.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Right wing sites are just giddy the attacker is black. Wonder why? Giddy is not hyperbole they are so happy.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
My impression is the NOI was always a very conservative group, notably very risk-averse, and I presume it still is. They certainly aren't likely to 'promote' wild terror attacks on the US government - I don't think they've ever done anything remotely close to that, their leadership would be far too nervous that it would provoke the US state into cracking down on them (and thus upset their financial and business arrangements). If anything Malcom X's break from them was because he was _more_ militant, more inclined to radical statements (and, by implication, actions?) to try and promote radical change, and less worried about building and preserving a kind of business/religous 'empire'.

Could be--I'm not terribly familiar with them, but my understanding is that Malcolm X broke with them for a more moderate theology--but maybe more politically active? Pretty sure he rejected the founding text of "White people are space aliens that arrived on earth to subjugate the natural black people" --yes, that is their theology, lol.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Could be--I'm not terribly familiar with them, but my understanding is that Malcolm X broke with them for a more moderate theology--but maybe more politically active? Pretty sure he rejected the founding text of "White people are space aliens that arrived on earth to subjugate the natural black people" --yes, that is their theology, lol.
Why let fact get in the way of a narrative?