US admits Kabul drone strike killed civilians, including 7 children

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Yeah I would assume someone will lose their job over this. Someone fucked up.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Yeah I would assume someone will lose their job over this. Someone fucked up.
No one is going to lose their job. The Democrat machine was 100% that they had tons of proof it was terrorists and claimed to confirm secondary explosions. Just another example of the incompetence in our intelligence agencies and lying by this administration. Biden needed a "kill" to show that the "beyond the horizon" approach works and ISIS-K, the new boogeyman, was made to pay.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
We put our soldiers in harms way and put them in positions where atrocities will happen as a result of their actions. We all take accountability for this, each and every American. None of have our hands entirely clean.

No one is going to lose their job. The Democrat machine was 100% that they had tons of proof it was terrorists and claimed to confirm secondary explosions. Just another example of the incompetence in our intelligence agencies and lying by this administration. Biden needed a "kill" to show that the "beyond the horizon" approach works and ISIS-K, the new boogeyman, was made to pay.

Go look at civilian death numbers from the Bush administration, the Obama administration, and Trump administration from drone strikes. Civilian deaths from drone strikes is not political or ever political. These things happen in the highest levels of shrouded secrecy where no one gets credit and no one takes blame, but individuals soldiers carry the guilt without support. Can you imagine firing a missile, killing 20 people and then driving home and getting text messages to pick up milk and cereal on the way home. Its funny: they recently created a military medal for performance of drone operators because of issues with burnout but other military personnel objected and mocked it because they felt those doing the killing weren't real soldiers. Anyway, not even sure why I'm responding to you and your insane and uneducated responses. I've said my peace and will leave it there.

On a more important note, its actually going to be extremely difficult to compensate those families as the US has no presence on the ground. The money could be given to the Taliban but obviously it probably will never actually reach those families.

Last edited:

DrunkenSano

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2008
Civilian deaths to drone strikes will never end as long as the military industrial complex continues to direct our military actions, too much money to be made yeeting brown people.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
We put our soldiers in harms way and put them in positions where atrocities will happen as a result of their actions. We all take accountability for this, each and every American. None of have our hands entirely clean.

Go look at civilian death numbers from the Bush administration, the Obama administration, and Trump administration from drone strikes. Civilian deaths from drone strikes is not political or ever political. These things happen in the highest levels of shrouded secrecy where no one gets credit and no one takes blame, but individuals soldiers carry the guilt without support. Can you imagine firing a missile, killing 20 people and then driving home and getting text messages to pick up milk and cereal on the way home. Its funny: they recently created a military medal for performance of drone operators because of issues with burnout but other military personnel objected and mocked it because they felt those doing the killing weren't real soldiers. Anyway, not even sure why I'm responding to you and your insane and uneducated responses. I've said my peace and will leave it there.

On a more important note, its actually going to be extremely difficult to compensate those families as the US has no presence on the ground. The money could be given to the Taliban but obviously it probably will never actually reach those families.
Brandonbull thinks this only happens under democratic administrations.

He does not give a damn about brown Muslim civilians dying whatsoever, like any Republican. He probably threw a party every 1,000 innocent Iraqis died for Bush's pet war.

It's just another way for him to show what a horrific person he is as a republican soldier.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Imagine giving a war in which only military combatants were killed...and no civilians.

Hasn't happened in the whole of human civilization...probably never will.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Frankly..... THAT is why they do THIS to us.
American's are so sheltered from the world and ignorant of other cultures. It's not taught in schools, it's never shown on the news, and yet we act shocked when they pull their sneaky shit on us with us never knowing what we have been pulling on them for a long long time. And most of it for the oil. Or the control of the regions where we get the oil. America lost some 3000 on 9/11 yet America will never see on TV how many hospitals and school and the loss of life America have imposed on them. This screwup from our military just guaranteed another 9/11 attack come some future day, and lets just pray that next time our enemies don't use nukes instead of airplanes.

_119705221_twintowers.jpg

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
Well a little bit of honesty after years of the status quo is a bit refreshing although not very surprising. As it turns out it doesn't matter which Administration is or was in charge. The Afghanistan engagement was a shit show from the beginning and right up to the end it never failed to disappoint...........the American people.

Reactions: hal2kilo and dank69

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
Frankly..... THAT is why they do THIS to us.
American's are so sheltered from the world and ignorant of other cultures. It's not taught in schools, it's never shown on the news, and yet we act shocked when they pull their sneaky shit on us with us never knowing what we have been pulling on them for a long long time. And most of it for the oil. Or the control of the regions where we get the oil. America lost some 3000 on 9/11 yet America will never see on TV how many hospitals and school and the loss of life America have imposed on them. This screwup from our military just guaranteed another 9/11 attack come some future day, and lets just pray that next time our enemies don't use nukes instead of airplanes.

View attachment 50426
You are wrong.

That happened before the drones. Before the war. That happened back when we were happy to ignore the rest of the world. Back when we were innocent of the these horrors of war. Back when we were to soft to even consider fighting a 20 year war.

The towers fell do to cultural incompatibility. A people we did not even know about were losing their 3rd century values, sought to turn back the wheels of time, and struck at what they felt represented the source of change in their world.

And it worked.

The stopped the wheels of time, and showed the truth of our society, that it was based on lies. Lies of democracy, lies of justice, lies of human rights, lies of equality, and the lie that anyone can make it in America.

They showed the world we are monsters. They stopped the cultural invasion of "western" values. After all, who wants to emulate us now? Who would want anything to do with a nation that exterminates families of the people who help it?

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

jesus fucking christ you shit manbaby. This was an admission. Probably...the first of it's type, ever. Would you rather wait that this come out as a leak? Or would you find cause to bitch about that, too, in an illogical, profoundly biased and ignorant way.

How is it that one human can be so purposefully and pridefully wrong about literally everything that comes out of their mouth? The fuck happened to you? Too much Florida, too little education? (This diagnosis bleeds from your avatar)

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

The Trump admin loosened the standards for approving drone strikes then stopped issuing reports on how many civilians we killed, declaring the information secret.

Might want to sit down bud.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Answer this honestly please. '
Do you believe Hillary Clinton is a Space Demon?

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
While this is terrible why do people suddenly care? We were killing nearly 1,000 civilians a year in Afghanistan every year before this and I didn’t see a peep from anyone.

Perhaps the most cynical thing I've seen lately is people (a term I use quite loosely here) using this incident to argue that we should have never withdrawn ground troops and that Biden's withdrawal is responsible for the casualties.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Perhaps the most cynical thing I've seen lately is people (a term I use quite loosely here) using this incident to argue that we should have never withdrawn ground troops and that Biden's withdrawal is responsible for the casualties.
Exactly. This is people who were just fine with 100 times as many civilian deaths every year pretending to care all of a sudden.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Terrible, but I'm sure this has happened before.

While this is terrible why do people suddenly care? We were killing nearly 1,000 civilians a year in Afghanistan every year before this and I didn’t see a peep from anyone.

Yup

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Look at you, trying to paint this as a Democratic problem. Did it dawn on you there was a war going on?

Did it also dawn on you

Republicans started the war
Democrats continued the war
Republicans signed an agreement to leave without the Afghan government and released 5000 hardened criminals
Democrats executed the same agreement

Yet it's a one sided problem?

Here's the problem, your annoying habit of arguing with dishonest premises

Reactions: hal2kilo

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I think for me the fact that they didn't kill any legitimate targets is really sobering. There should be so many processes in place that this could never happen. Like seriously, wtf?

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I think for me the fact that they didn't kill any legitimate targets is really sobering. There should be so many processes in place that this could never happen. Like seriously, wtf?

This has happened almost constantly for the past 20 years. The military says something and it's taken for granted that it is true. Only later, sometimes, do we even find out they were wrong, lied, or both.

RY62

Mar 13, 2005
jesus fucking christ you shit manbaby. This was an admission. Probably...the first of it's type, ever. Would you rather wait that this come out as a leak? Or would you find cause to bitch about that, too, in an illogical, profoundly biased and ignorant way.

Not really an admission when you just can't hide it any more and no reason to leak anything since it was known right away. The media did try to do their part by releasing the info during the last 3 Friday evening news dumps. Releasing bad news on a Friday afternoon is an attempt to avoid media scrutiny and is often called a “Friday news dump”.

Friday Sept, 3 - https://apnews.com/article/islamic-state-group-9a403031191ba5ee7927f75e047d7eb7
Friday Sept, 10 - https://www.businessinsider.com/us-...aid-worker-killing-10-afghan-civilians-2021-9 and now this story is also a Friday dump.

I know shit happens in war. Mistakes are made and innocent people often die. Just don't try to convince anyone that there would have been any admission if they could have possibly buried the story; they did try. I'm also sure the comment section here, as well as the media coverage, would have been completely different had the previous administration been responsible for this action.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Intelligence is almost never certain and so what probably happened here was after the first attack they weren’t willing to chance a second so their threshold for what merited a strike went down.

Reactions: hal2kilo