urrgggghhhh !!!

zmoustache

Aug 11, 2006
:confused:
I'm having some "ISSUES" with trying to install a PCI Pny GeForce FX5200 256MB card.
The box that it's going into is an eMachine T1150. It's got an Intel Celeron 1.30 Ghz with Intel 810e Chipset.
When I install the card the monitor is usually blank on boot or right after the XP Windows Screen...then the monitor will shut down (green light to yellow)
In the bios I have tried to set the the video PCI and nothing happens (default is AGP, but the boards has no AGP Slot ?? )
When I boot up with the mother board video, everything comes up as it should. In device manager I can see that both are installed (Default & Geforce)

What am I doing wrong, in that I can't get the Geforce to function at all ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

zmoustache

Aug 11, 2006
No..out side of changing the bios settings...what should I try, uninstalling the default drivers...how would I go about that?

JPB

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2005
This response isnt really helpful...but ill tell ya anyway. 4 years ago I tried installing a Radeon 7500 PCI card into a IBM box with intel extreme graphics. Never could figure it out. Had the same problems your having now. So I threw the computer off the balcony...now that was a beautiful site. Never bought a prebuilt puter since. lol

nitromullet

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2004
Originally posted by: zmoustache
No..out side of changing the bios settings...what should I try, uninstalling the default drivers...how would I go about that?

Try disabling the onboard video...

gtjr

Mar 8, 2006
1. connect monitor to onboard video
2.goto add/remove programs un install intel graphics driver
3. goto bios , video configuration, primary video adapter, select pci
4. save and exit
6. shutdown pc
7.insert pci video card to 1st pci slot
8. connect monitor to the card
9.turn on pc
10.install nvidia driver

zmoustache

Aug 11, 2006
I agree with x80064....I have built my own box from ground up and no problems...
The box that I'm having problems with belongs to a friend, and his son wants to play more xtreme games.

Thank gtjr...I give that a go...never thought about the position of the card slot being the problem.

I'll let you know what happens

Thanks to all

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Originally posted by: gtjr
1. connect monitor to onboard video
2.goto add/remove programs un install intel graphics driver
3. goto bios , video configuration, primary video adapter, select pci
4. save and exit
6. shutdown pc
7.insert pci video card to 1st pci slot