URL Alias Extension

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
At work I can't use FireFox, so I use Avant browser. One of the cooler things about Avant is that it has "URL Alias" so all I have to do is type "g" in the address bar and I go to google. I can set up any letter or combination of letters to take me to whatever site I want. I know FireFox has got to have something like this but I can't find it.

I found this which was most likely what I needed, but hasn't been updated and doesn't work with FF 1.5. Please help :D

neutralizer

Lifer
Oct 4, 2001
Since I go to google so much, if I type g in firefox, it suggests google.com as the first suggestion. Works just as well.

neutralizer

Lifer
Oct 4, 2001
I'm sure there's a plugin for it. You usually make aliases for sites you go to often and that's not different than firefox suggests when you just type in a letter. The only time it would fail is if you go to two sites commonly that start with the same letter.

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
Indeed. Ok so I found a guy that got this one to work

I've modified this extension to work with Firefox 1.5. Simply edit the install.rdf:24 to a higher version. Change urlalias.js:117 and 118 (urlalias.jar) to column.id and it will work.

So for anyone else who might care, I'll be trying this