Question Urgent . Corsair 600 Vs cooler master mwe 650w 80+ bronze

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Reactions: solidsnake1298

Naruto Uzumakiii

Jul 17, 2021
Which product is better is not urgent, people will ignore if you keep this up.

There's an EVGA 700W on sale at Amazon for $50:

It is urgent because I had to buy this for my big brother as a birthday gift but I am already late and Amazon is not available in our country so I can't buy that one even if it's a great deal so can you tell me which one is better between the two I mentioned?

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
They are both entry level PSU where your money is going towards wattage rather than lifespan, but if forced to choose, and being too lazy to look up reviews if you aren't going to do that yourself ;) I'd pick the Coolermaster over that particular Corsair, but again, I did not look in-depth at either but am familiar with the CX(nnn) design and it is quite aged by today's standards.

On the other hand, the elite brand capacitors in the Cooler Master aren't very good either, so I wonder if the system has valuable parts needing a 650W PSU or if not and the money is better spent on a higher quality, lower wattage unit. Depends on pricing in your area, buying a higher wattage unit then running it at a lower % of peak capacity also gains some lifespan as long as the fan doesn't ramp down too much. Chinese capacitors really don't like heat.