Urban Warfare?

GoodRevrnd

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
How well trained are the armed forces trained/prepared for urban warfare? Just curious.

GoodRevrnd

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: ffmcobalt
Well, since everyone here are experts on the matter, let me begin by saying, "YO JOE!"

;) :p

nik
I'm gonna go Cobra Commander on yo ass. And it's GO JOE, not YO.
rolleye.gif
Besides, there are *some* former military types here, or at bare minimum people who think they know that could possibly provide good links.

PsychoAndy

Lifer
Dec 31, 2000
Oh, they're good. But it'd still be a slaughter. Remember Blackhawk Down? Or, perhaps, Saving Private Ryan? Think 10x that bad.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
I have an automated General Hawk with a backpack. The backpack has batteries and four buttons. Each button says something different, and one of them says very clearly "yo joe." I also have another action figure (I can't remember his name) who has "yo joe" written in what looks like it would be spray paint across the front of a chest-mounted dual-minigun setup.

nik

nord1899

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Well there are basically two scenarios in Urban Warfare (sure there are more, but this is a simple breakdown).
1. Everyone you run into as enemy. That is, all the civilians are gone/dead. Everyone left is a hostile with intent to kill you.
2. You have to figure out who is good/bad before you kill them or they kill you. Killing good people is extremely bad. You getting killed is extremely bad.

In the first, I think we would do extremely well. Against a clear and obvious foe I think our military can excel.

In the second, you would have things like Vietnam and Somalia all over again. Casualties would be high, because the US is not allowed to kill civilians otherwise all hell breaks loose in the public and international relations. Here I think the regular military would have problems, but the special forces groups would be more likely to succeed, mostly due to their small unit sizes.

But this is completely my opinion and based on little fact. So take it as you will.