UPS/NewEgg Delivery Intercept!

revnja

Platinum Member
Feb 1, 2004
I ordered a phone from NewEgg on Monday, and expected to get it today. Well, this morning I track my package, only to be greeted by this:

THE SHIPPER HAS REQUESTED A DELIVERY INTERCEPT FOR THIS PACKAGE / RETURN TO SENDER PENDING

Oh noes! Has anyone else had this happen to them? I've contacted NewEgg CS, but I have yet to receive an answer.

JasonSix78

Platinum Member
Mar 5, 2005
Hop on Newegg's Live Chat and talk to a CSR directly. They're pretty helpful and will probably let you know what happened.

revnja

Platinum Member
Feb 1, 2004
Ah, thanks -- didn't realize they had a live chat option. They're pretty quick to respond, but didn't help me too much:

Dicie: We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. According to UPS webstie, the package will be returned to us. Once a package has been returned to us, we are unable to reship it. After we have received the return package, an RMA for a full refund will be issued automatically.

Dicie: According to UPS website, it is "THE SHIPPER HAS REQUESTED A DELIVERY INTERCEPT FOR THIS PACKAGE ". In fact we never do this.

Guess I can't bitch about not getting my parcel when I am in a hurry. I tried to save a few bucks and buy it through Newegg, expecting it'd be here in time -- but if I were truly in a hurry I would have sucked it up and paid the extra $100 to get it from a B&M store.

Edit: formatting

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
Delivery intercept means the shipper has notified the courier (UPS) that they need it back and NOT to deliver it. They could've shipped the wrong item or wrong quantity and caught it before you received it.

revnja

Platinum Member
Feb 1, 2004
Dicie: According to UPS website, it is "THE SHIPPER HAS REQUESTED A DELIVERY INTERCEPT FOR THIS PACKAGE ". In fact we never do this.

She lied to me! :(

Thanks Ruby, seems like I am boned until next week. Bah!