UPS is holding my Touch Pro hostage...

Jugernot

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Ordered my Touch Pro on Cyber Monday (got it for free + activation fee = $36) got the port all done and it shipped Wednesday via 2day UPS. Supposed to be delivered today, but UPS just update it's status as "Exception" with "ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS" under the status. BS I tell you! I checked the weather forecast in Anchorage, Alaska (about 350 miles way and where it's being held) and it says "possible snow flurries" we live in Alaska dammit, snow flurries ain't crap.

Now I'm gonna have to wait another 3 days! My life sucks, it can't get any worse. Well, I guess my house could burn down, I could get fired, my vehicles could get stolen, I could have a death in the family, but this sucks too. :)

Anyone recommend any good Windows Mobile apps for when I get it?

Any must haves apps or ROMs?

Jugs

pm

Elite Member Mobile Devices
Jan 25, 2000
They did the same thing to my X25-M SSD drive. :(

4" of snow in Colorado and it's "adverse weather". Our first snow of the year is usually in early Oct. This year it was really late and our first snow was two days ago... I think the UPS people forgot that it snows in the winter in Colorado and they - and everyone else - seems really surprised by the white slippery stuff.

BornStar

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2001
My Blackberry Storm got delivered to my office at 10:30am yesterday which is awesome except I left after work on Wednesday and I won't be back until Sunday afternoon. They couldn't have shipped it a day earlier so I actually got to play with it on my trip.

Drakkon

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
This is what I was treated with this morning when i looked at my fedex tracking number:
At local FedEx facility

On FedEx vehicle for delivery

Scheduled for delivery next business day
In other words my brand new hf100 is here in town as of 3:00am today but will not be delivered because it is Saturday.

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005
Originally posted by: pm

4" of snow in Colorado and it's "adverse weather". Our first snow of the year is usually in early Oct. This year it was really late and our first snow was two days ago... I think the UPS people forgot that it snows in the winter in Colorado and they - and everyone else - seems really surprised by the white slippery stuff.

but if it has to cross the mountains its a totally different story.

Jugernot

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Ok, after bitching and whining like a little girl to my coworkers, low and behold it was delievered when I got home Friday. Do I regret my bitching? Nope. :)

Great phone btw!

pm

Elite Member Mobile Devices
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: herm0016
Originally posted by: pm

but if it has to cross the mountains its a totally different story.
I'll grant you that it's a difficult problem. My issue isn't that the delivery companies are useless - what they do it incredible. But my point is that they seem to handle worse snow better later in the year than they handle light snow early in the year.

The state DOT's and the delivery companies all somehow seem to handle these things in the Jan/Feb timeframe much better than we seem to in the Nov./Dec. Maybe it's my poor memory, but it seems like in Feb, we can have all the roads iced over, have 8" of snow on the ground, have a 40mph wind blowing everything everywhere, and deliveries are on time, but in early Dec. 4" of snow brings everything to a standstill.

I still don't have the drive due to "adverse weather". :(