UPS and irony at it's best...

TheOmegaCode

Platinum Member
Aug 7, 2001
I ordered a few classical CD's from Amazon.com for a friend of mine who is trying to get into classical. They were to be shipped 3day from UPS. Well, that was a week ago, and since I've been studying my ass of for my Trig final, I completely forget about the CD's. Today I go to check my mail (not eMail), and guess what I get. A piece of mail sent from UPS, delivered by USPS, saying that they cannot find me, that they need directions, and that the package was sent back to Amazon.com. OK, I've gotten a lot of packages from UPS and Fed EX and now they can't find me? As if that's not bad enough, they had to resort to the damn Post Office to tell me this! Is it just me, or is it just ironic that UPS can't find me, so they mail me a letter via USPS?

cherrytwist

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2000
Dude....I feel your pain.

Yesterday a package was returned to the UPS Distribution Center b/c my address doesn't exist (translation: UPS guy was too lazy to remove his ass from his truck to walk around the building).

I've had problems with Airborne Express on 3 separate occasions with this, but this is a new one for UPS.

They've delivered several packages without any problems in the past :confused:.

TheOmegaCode

Platinum Member
Aug 7, 2001
How is this sarcasm?
Whew, I'm not the only one who think's this is ironic then... Damn UPS, now I have to get on the phone with Amazon :disgust:

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
I used to date this girl who had a "1/2" at the end of her address...like 1228 1/2. Her house set behind another house down some short dead-end alley. I take it you have a weird address too?

TheOmegaCode

Platinum Member
Aug 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Gaard
I used to date this girl who had a "1/2" at the end of her address...like 1228 1/2. Her house set behind another house down some short dead-end alley. I take it you have a weird address too?
Well, I live on a private road, so every house has the same address, followed by a letter. So if you think of it in terms of apartments, it's not that bad. I went to UPS today to pickup my package, and they told me that 'my driver' was on vacation, which is why the guy couldn't find my house...