Uplay question

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Hello all, I just bought a game from Uplay, Silent hunter 4 gold $10, my question is where does the downloaded game reside?, I can't find it anywhere and I wanted to burn a copy in case of a HD crash/failure. I'm beginning to think that there IS no copy of the download and Uplay deleted it after the install, being that it was a 4.8GB DL I would not want to wait 1.5 hours to re-install it from Uplay in the event of a disk failure, thanks in advance for any help guys..

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
When you download and install a game directly from Uplay, it gives you a traditional Windows program install wizard to install the game with. You can specify the game's install directory from there. Assuming you used the default, I imagine it's in your Program Files or something. Check there.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
When you download and install a game directly from Uplay, it gives you a traditional Windows program install wizard to install the game with. You can specify the game's install directory from there. Assuming you used the default, I imagine it's in your Program Files or something. Check there.

Yea, there's a Ubisoft folder in x86 program files that contain the installed game files, I was looking for the 4.3Gb file that automatically unpacks and installs the game, I'm now thinking that Uplay automatically deletes it once the install is complete..

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Ah, I understand now.

A quick google search reveals that it might be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\cache\installers. In there, there should be another folder simply named "3" or something like that. That's supposedly where it keeps the installers. Check and report back?

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Ah, I understand now.

A quick google search reveals that it might be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\cache\installers. In there, there should be another folder simply named "3" or something like that. That's supposedly where it keeps the installers. Check and report back?

OK, I checked, not there, I fond out some info at Subsim that what one needs to do is save the DL BEFORE installing the game and it would indeed be in the "installers" folder, but since I installed the game right away it got deleted, oh well lesson learned, thing is also there are TONS of mods available for the Silent Hunter 3, 4, 5 series my thinking was if I screwed up my install somehow I would have a quick way to re-install the game without the 4.3Gb DL..