Question Upgrading this system ..

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Phaetos

Jan 27, 2005
I had built a VM server a few years ago and put it to pasture last year. My main gaming PC took a dump, so I brought it out of retirement and moved my 750Ti to it and made it my main PC. Attached is a few CPU-Z pics. I can't afford a total new PC, so I want to upgrade this CPU and RAM on what I've got. Currently an FX-6300 Unlocked Edition @ 95w, with 32GB of apparently some craptastic RAM. Yes, I will be upgrading the 750Ti as well. If I am reading the compatibility lists right for my MSI board, I can put an FX-8300 @ 95w in there and be good. I don't know what to do with the RAM though, I want to stick with 16GB or 32GB, I just like having extra headroom.

Attachments

• Cpu-1.jpg
    Cpu-1.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 17
  • cpu-2.jpg
    cpu-2.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 18
  • cpu-3.jpg
    cpu-3.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 13

Phaetos

Jan 27, 2005
I think you'll be okay with that EVGA unit. Again, just make sure it has the connectors you want. It has two 6+2 PCIe connectors, so that's good enough for any single-card config.

Should be fine, it's ATX, 6+2, 6 SATA, 3 Molex. All I got is the mobo, cpu fan, case fan, 2 SSD's and the vid card.