Upgrade to gtx260 from 8800gt?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

exar333

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2004
Spend the money on a 22" LCD for ~$150.00. That would probably be more noticable to you, and you would benefit gaming or no. The 8800GT would still carry you for a while until either the Fermi derivitives are out, or the 5xxx series comes down in price. Displays are really cheap right now, and moving from a 19" would be nice...

cusideabelincoln

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2008
because thats the way things work on a forum. I could have said the identical thing he did but because you and a couple of others have disagreed with me before it would not have been accepted. hell I have said the same when somebody even had a much slower cpu and caused drama because of it. I am not like that because if someone makes a good point then I will agree no matter what they have said in the past.

That is not it at all.

Here's a hint: "Since you obviously don't get it, you are a damn stupid fool."

Now take note, that is a hint. I don't think you're a stupid fool at all.

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
That is not it at all.

Here's a hint: "Since you obviously don't get it, you are a damn stupid fool."

Now take note, that is a hint. I don't think you're a stupid fool at all.
yeah but look at what point I said that. I had been getting the same bs from the same people for quite some time. no matter what nonsense or illogical crap someone else posted, those people would immediately agree with them and dismiss everything I said or linked to. like the guy that claimed to have have more than doubled his frames in a game while clearly being cpu limited. even benchmarks showing that he would not have received that increase even if not cpu limited did little to sway the people that want to disagree with me no matter what. hell there is a guy right now in the gaming subforum claiming he never goes below 55-60 fps in GTA 4 with his dual core cpu and 8800gt. thats just one of the examples of the nonsense that gets spewed around here sometimes.

and getting sort of back on topic look in this thread where you somebody even suggesting a 5850. lol. really the OP has an okay cpu that is good enough for the 8800gt. he would certainly receive more performance by getting a faster gpu but at just 1440x900 it probably would not be worth the cost with that cpu. GTA 4 alone isnt going to budge much if any with a gpu upgrade.

EDIT: lets keep it in PM if there is anymore offtopic. thanks

Last edited:

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Well you still don't get it, and quite frankly I shouldn't have even wasted my time. It's your attitude: It stinks on several levels. Everytime (exaggeration) I read your posts I want to do this: http://forums.anandtech.com/customavatars/avatar49849_2.gif

And that's all I have to say about that.
I understood exactly what you said. as usual you are the one that doesnt get what I am saying back to you. if someone was to review all of our posts on this forum it would clearly be you that has the bigger attitude problem when we disagree. just like you are trying to pull now with your passive aggressive comments. again if you have more to say then take it PM.