Upgrade Geforce4 Ti4400 to ATI 9500 Pro or 9700 Pro?

Matrixxx

Apr 30, 2000
Help,

I'm sitting on a MSI Geforce Ti4400 and am contemplating upgrading the card (if it is an upgrade) to one of the newer ATI cards. I swore off ATI because of bad (I mean very bad) driver support in the pas. Supposedly, this has changed.

Has anyone left there GeForce behind and went over to ATI?

How is the 2D quality of the new ATI card vs Geforce?

Is there a VIVO solution for the 9500 Pro at this time? Is there a complimentary VIVO card that works well with it? I see the All-In-Wonder 9700 but that is out of my price range.

Help,
Matrixxx

filmore crashcart

Dec 18, 1999
I went from an MSI ti4400 to a 9700 pro........ image quality is better, speed is better, drivers are stable but not quite as stable as Nvidia, IMO.

Rio Rebel

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Most benchmarks indicate you're not going to see a significant difference (and in some cases, no difference).

The only way real difference you will see is being able to run your games with anti-aliasing and ansiotropic filtering on. If these are very important to you, it might be worth considering. But even then, I'd probably wait if it were me.

timu

Dec 20, 2002
if you are worried about future games you should upgrade. you will see a little difference in the current games available in the market. i think ti 4400 will work for you fine in next 6 months at least. at that time you will find a lot of option to upgrade (geforce fx based cards) and the price of 9700pro will fall surely.

DimZiE

Golden Member
Jun 26, 2001
IMO stick with what u got for now... and wait for GeforceFX or the next card from ATI